[SOLVED] What is the best budget motherboard?

2Dads

Reputable
Jul 24, 2015
I need to get a new motherboard because Intel no longer provides support for their motherboards.
My PC Specs:

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU: Intel Core i5 2310 @ 2.90GHz
RAM: 8 GB DDR3 1333MHz
GPU: 4096MB ATI Radeon RX 560 Series (ATI)
Motherboard: Intel Corporation DH67CL (LGA1155)

Solution
the problem is that cpu is old enough that they have stopped making boards for it. you can find some new stock still but it is very expensive at $150+. you can get a new ryzen 5 2600 and mobo for the price of a new one for that old cpu!!

you're best shot is a used board that has the features you need at a price you want to spend. otherwise you'e going to spend WAY more than it is worth to keep that old system running

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
the problem is that cpu is old enough that they have stopped making boards for it. you can find some new stock still but it is very expensive at $150+. you can get a new ryzen 5 2600 and mobo for the price of a new one for that old cpu!!

you're best shot is a used board that has the features you need at a price you want to spend. otherwise you'e going to spend WAY more than it is worth to keep that old system running

Reactions: 2Dads
Solution

2Dads

Reputable
Jul 24, 2015

Thanks a lot!