What is the best camera for this purpose? (macro)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cattlecaller

Honorable
Nov 1, 2013
Hi all.

I am doing some very fine work that is beyond the optical coherence of my eyes. I want to send live feed to my 2560 x 1600 monitor wherein I want to magnify a ~ 1 cm2 area. I will be manipulating the object while looking at the monitor instead of directly at the object. What is the best camera for this?

It is for a hobby so I would prefer to stay within a reasonable price range (though I am not sure what that should be since I have never bought anything above a point and shoot before)

Thank you all!

Solution
DslrRemote, for example, will remote control a Canon EOS camera, feeding its live view to the PC/laptop. It also works on Android mobiles.

There will be other software for other manufacturers....try Googling compact/camera/dslr " remote control software"

Sounds like you're looking at Macro photography/video...there are special lenses/attachments for DSLRs that help out here.

Try posting the same question on dedicated camera/photography forum's (e.g. Canon/Nikon). These folk will be able to offer more specific help.

Nefos

Honorable
Nov 8, 2013
I have seen someone on youtube, who made a microscope with an phone, a lasers lens and made a case for it
I will look for it later, although it wont be possible to livefeed the monitor with it , but its very cheap

mesab66

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
DslrRemote, for example, will remote control a Canon EOS camera, feeding its live view to the PC/laptop. It also works on Android mobiles.

There will be other software for other manufacturers....try Googling compact/camera/dslr " remote control software"

Sounds like you're looking at Macro photography/video...there are special lenses/attachments for DSLRs that help out here.

Try posting the same question on dedicated camera/photography forum's (e.g. Canon/Nikon). These folk will be able to offer more specific help.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS