[SOLVED] What is the best case that supports 280mm AIO and doesnt have a tempered glass side panel but instead a metal or plastic side panel

Mar 6, 2022
I have a corsair h110i 280mm and a MSI MPG B550 GAMING EDGE WIFI and I'm looking for a good case that supports a 280mm AIO and ATX motherboard.
most of the cases I find are the ones with tempered glass and I wanted to have just a plastic/acrylic, metal or both, side panel that also supports a 280mm radiator.
i just don't want to deal with broken glass.

Last edited:
Solution
don't want to deal with broken glass.
There may be valid reasons for avoiding glass. No problem with that.

Just suggesting that the underlying reasons against glass/tempered glass be re-thought a bit...
Ralston18 is definitely correct.
probably 45 out of the last 50 systems i've put together have glass panels, a bit of them all 4 sides.
not a single one has been reported as broken.
i've had a couple myself that have been knocked off of desks, dropped while carrying, thrown on my doorstep by sorry-a** delivery personal, etc...
never had a single crack even.

if your aversion to a see-through side panel is really just based on paranoia of a shattered panel i can guarantee there is nothing to worry about.
nothing wrong...
What is the best case that supports 280mm AIO and doesnt have a tempered glass side panel
there are too many factors that would determine what case may be the best for your situation.
you need to include much more information;
size,
disk support,
fan support,
PSU placement,
cable routing options,
color,
front I/O options,
LED effects, etc...

but this is the best option for cases i've encountered in the last couple years:
be quiet! Silent Base 802

Mar 6, 2022
there are too many factors that would determine what case may be the best for your situation.
you need to include much more information;
size,
disk support,
fan support,
PSU placement,
cable routing options,
color,
front I/O options,
LED effects, etc...

but this is the best option for cases i've encountered in the last couple years:
be quiet! Silent Base 802

Hello, thank you for replying.

here's the extra information, sorry I'm new to this things about specifically requesting a glass-free side panel:

size: anything that fits an ATX motherboard
disk support: currently have 2 3.5 HDD and 1 2.5 SSD
fan support: any
PSU placement: any
cable routing options: any
color: any
front I/O options: just the basics like USB 3.0 and 2.0 ports
LED effects: none

Ralston18

Titan
No disagreement with @JohnBonhamsGhost .

However this: "i just don't want to deal with broken glass "

Tempered glass - if the case does indeed use tempered glass, consider that tempered glass is pretty tough and should handle any reasonable hit or blow.

Frankly if the glass breaks the blow would probably be enough to wreck the PC regardless of casing be it metal, plastic/acrylic, etc...

Where will the case be placed? Environment? What possible causes for "broken glass" are anticipated? Kids, pets, wild parties :) ?

FYI:

https://www.windowfilmdepot.com/blo...ort, tempered glass is,less likely to do harm.

Just suggesting that the underlying reasons against glass/tempered glass be re-thought a bit....

don't want to deal with broken glass.

Just suggesting that the underlying reasons against glass/tempered glass be re-thought a bit...
Ralston18 is definitely correct.
probably 45 out of the last 50 systems i've put together have glass panels, a bit of them all 4 sides.
not a single one has been reported as broken.
i've had a couple myself that have been knocked off of desks, dropped while carrying, thrown on my doorstep by sorry-a** delivery personal, etc...
never had a single crack even.

if your aversion to a see-through side panel is really just based on paranoia of a shattered panel i can guarantee there is nothing to worry about.
nothing wrong with solid panels though.
if the system will be out of sight or if seeing the interior really just doesn't matter in the slightest, it doesn't really matter either way.
but i have run into a few that just do not want the interior visible, calling it a distraction or just "ugly".

the Silent Base 802 that i linked previously also offers a see through panel option if you may want to check it out.

Solution