Question what is the best Dell XPS 17 model made in the past 5 years?

berbes

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2015
hello! i'm looking for a strong Dell XPS 17, but i'm leery of going with a new model. i've found buying a model that's been well established by users after a couple of years is the best way to $ave a few $$$, plus not get any surprises with a new model that might hide future issues yet undiscovered.

THANKS!

Lutfij

Titan
Investing in yesteryears tech is sometimes a bad idea since brands tend to shut the door when it comes support(physically and software wise). Dell's XPS lineups are notorious for being very costly endeavors if they end up failing and repairs are needed to be done.

I'd suggest that you drop your funds on the latest you can find, especially since Intel's lineups since the 8th gen don't allow for any undervolting and the thermal issues are prevalent on all models. You could look at Ryzen laden models but they do tend to cost a pretty penny. The issue with being an early adopter is that you tend to be a guinea pig and the brand learns of mishaps, mistakes or QC issues from said early adopters. Perhaps a year old laptops?

Speaking of which, you will need to fill out this form to get a better tailored answer.

TRENDING THREADS