What is the best device for student use?

Gregg101

Great
Jul 21, 2019
Up for comparison is the Acer Aspire 5, the one that everyone talks about the one going for $ 349 USD on amazon, I've heard its got a good screen. this is 15" of screen real estate.

There is the 2nd option, the ipad 7th gen, I've heard its screen is 3x better than the top laptop.

any other suggestions?

I sold my acer chromebook 11 to a buddy for $60 USD, I'm looking to upgrade. -- The chromebook wasn't horrible at all for getting work done on the khanacademy, which is what my intended useage is for. It's got a nice keyboard, fingers dont feel cramped (I'm worried that they will if I get a keyboard i pad case) -- is that true?

I'm looking for suggestions, is the screen really that much nicer on the ipad? Is it really true that its not the screen size but the amount of pixels? -- I do problems on the khancademy that sometimes I have to scroll down to see in entirety, I'm wondering what would be best or the most pleasant to work on. The acer aspire 5 seems nice, but I dont want to get virus's or have to go into the registry fix things to make it run right and the S mode thing is confusing to me, i'd probably leave it in s mode and miss out or take it off s mode and get problems.

Advice is greatly appreciated

jadenwoolworth

Reputable
Sep 24, 2017
yes, the ipad screen will be noticeably better looking. As long as you don't go to sketchy sites or download random content you don't know what it is, normal windows (not s mode) is perfectly safe. S mode is pretty restrictive, just like apple operating systems. If you want a laptop to do laptop things get the Acer. The ipad will be too small to see very much of anything, and once you've paid for case, keyboard, etc., you might as well just have a slightly less pretty screen. I've found that having a 13 inch screen laptop, I'm leaning over to look at it, and sometimes things are too far away to see. a 15 inch isn't going to be that much better, but a 10 inch ipad is not the way to go.

I guess its just important to note that the aspire 5 doesn't have a bad screen, the ipad screen is just made for "top level media consumption". It's not a worthy trade off if you plan on doing actually important things on it.

oh yeah, student use. definitely the Acer.

Gregg101

Great
Jul 21, 2019
Can I get another take?

Someone else perspective?

I love reading about the options, whats best? -- Perhaps that Acer nitro 5, that way I could get some R&R in? Hows the screen on that compared to that other Acer?

Can I please get some more input?

What games can the acer aspire 5 play?

NightShade_7

Reputable
Nov 11, 2019
Theres variants in every model so itd be helpful to tell us the specs of the laptops you're looking at along with the price . If you only play casually but want a good experience, I recommend getting a budget gaming laptop like the Acer Nitro 5 packing a GTX1650. It performs pretty well and it delivers great framerates at 720p (its a 15" laptop so 720p wont look bad, use 1080p for e-sports titles and you're good). With it's hardware you can dabble in CAD and more performance intensive tasks as well.

Gregg101

Great
Jul 21, 2019
This one, is this still the best budget laptop?

Acer Aspire 5 Slim Laptop, 15.6 inches Full HD IPS Display, AMD Ryzen 3 3200U, Vega 3 Graphics, 4GB DDR4, 128GB SSD, Backlit Keyboard, Windows 10 in S Mode, A515-43-R19L,Silver

or is there something for a little more that's worth the price increase?

i probably won't want to spend and extra 2-3 hundred dollars for a gaming machine.

Gregg101

Great
Jul 21, 2019
Theres variants in every model so itd be helpful to tell us the specs of the laptops you're looking at along with the price . If you only play casually but want a good experience, I recommend getting a budget gaming laptop like the Acer Nitro 5 packing a GTX1650. It performs pretty well and it delivers great framerates at 720p (its a 15" laptop so 720p wont look bad, use 1080p for e-sports titles and you're good). With it's hardware you can dabble in CAD and more performance intensive tasks as well.

This one, is this still the best budget laptop?

Acer Aspire 5 Slim Laptop, 15.6 inches Full HD IPS Display, AMD Ryzen 3 3200U, Vega 3 Graphics, 4GB DDR4, 128GB SSD, Backlit Keyboard, Windows 10 in S Mode, A515-43-R19L,Silver

or is there something for a little more that's worth the price increase?

i probably won't want to spend and extra 2-3 hundred dollars for a gaming machine.