Question what is the best freeware to create DVD image?

brannsiu

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2013
I have a few DVD that they are getting old (15+ years) and I also want to throw away the physical discs which can be a messy when they are too many. What is the best freeware to create ISO image?

By the way, I know there is another format in addition to ISO, I forget its format, what are their differences?

I have a few DVD that they are getting old (15+ years) and I also want to throw away the physical discs which can be a messy when they are too many. What is the best freeware to create ISO image?

By the way, I know there is another format in addition to ISO, I forget its format, what are their differences?
The program which I use personally to create ISO is CDBurnerXP which is very light and really easy to use.

You should just copy the files over,what is the reason to have them in iso? It's just as easy to make a new DVD from files as to burn a disk from iso.
If you are dealing with protected DVDs you are going to need a tool like DVDFab.