What is the best gaming pc for £600 consisting of ram, MB, CPU, graphics card, PSU and case and all necessities

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Sep 8, 2018
What is the best pc for £600, can be either AMD or intel based. Seen CPU prices drop aswell as GPU prices. PSU just has to do the job and be fairly reliable and doesn't have to be above bronze rated like gold as this is a budget.

Solution
Ryzen performance is heavily dependent on RAM speed. 3000/3200mhz is the sweet spot. Also dual channel is faster and you can still run the pc if one stick fails.
You already have a HDD. Running your OS on a SSD will hugely improve performance.
Better case and monitor.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor (£147.60 @ Aria PC)
Motherboard: MSI - B450M PRO-VDH Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard (£65.98 @ Ebuyer)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3000 Memory (£84.59 @ Aria PC)
Storage: Kingston - A400 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£31.19 @ Aria PC)
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce...
Sep 8, 2018
Only gaming at 1080p though and I am on budget, either way wont need more than 8gb ram for the time being, and the MB you suggested is a micro ATX motherboard, so may have some problems with size. Want to stick to something larger, that might be a bit more future proof. Wanted to say thank you for helping me though.

I do have a question for you though!

Do all the parts in this build contain all the components I will be needing, cables, etc. CPU comes with cooler so that is fine.
Furthermore, I have not added HD to it as I already have one on my current pc. Can I just take that out and stick it in new build with the cables that are currently connecting to the HD? Here is the build;

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/bbH8yX

The graphics card I have already purchased but I have just added it in there as it gives you a quicker idea of cables. Much appreciated.

t99

Honorable
Jul 16, 2014
The motherboard fits any standard modern gaming type case. You will notice when you get your parts and install everything the case will have pins and depending on what size motherboard you will use certain ones. Just pointing it out not trying to change your mind about getting it.

Since you are only getting 8 I would say don't get it since going to 16 will force the 8 to get tossed. If you ever need to go up with the 4 slot board it's extremely simple.

Good luck putting it all together. Feels great when it powers on running great the first attempt and so annoying when it doesn't. If this is your first one pay close attention to the exact way the little connector from the power / reset switch faces when going on the pins on the motherboard.

Sep 8, 2018

OK thanks.

Sep 8, 2018

yes opted for some kingston ram 2*4gb @2666mhz and overclockable.