May 3, 2022
My PC Specs : ( Dell Vostro 3900 Mini Tower )
Intel i5 4460
Integrated Intel HD 4600
12 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz RAM
1 TB HDD ( I will add a 128 GB SSD )
300 W Dell PSU ( I will Upgrade to a Corsair VS450 )
Dell 0T1D10 Motherboard ( which has only PCIe 2.0 x16 slot )

In My Country, GTX 1060, 970, RX 580, etc. is out of stock and available in second hand seller websites for double the MSRP ( these websites are mostly not trustable )

GTX 1650, 1650 Super, and some others are in stock but in double the MSRP and it these GPU's rates won't come down as they are not manufacturing these GPU's now a days

GTX 1050 ti, RX 6500 XT, RX 6400 are available in price with a slight increase with MSRP

Putting a RX 6500 XT or RX 6400 on a PCIe 2.0 Motherboard , definitely there will be a bottleneck, but by seeing the price, is RX 6500 XT is worth for my PC ?
or going to GTX 1650S or GTX 1050ti is better ?

Solution
Your first problem is the PSU. It is not as simple to replace a PSU in a Dell, because they mostly use non-standard size and connectors on the motherboard.
BUT, I think that you model uses standard 12 volts connectors, from what I can judge from a picture here

You have to sort out that problem first
Your first problem is the PSU. It is not as simple to replace a PSU in a Dell, because they mostly use non-standard size and connectors on the motherboard.
BUT, I think that you model uses standard 12 volts connectors, from what I can judge from a picture here

Solution
May 3, 2022

Yeah Bro I searched the internet
Most of 'em has PSU's of Dimensions 150 x 140 x 86 mm
My Dell Cabinet's PSU has to be 150 x 140 x 81 mm ( VS450 won't fit in it )
and most of the PSU's in amazon has fans on top
But in my PC, Fan should be in sideways.
Hmm, maybe I can't upgrade my PSU
I will check if any other solutions is there

Or I can go to Dell Service Centre and ask for my PSU Upgrade
They may do something ??

Last edited:

4745454b

Titan
Dell Vostro 3900 Mini Tower

I didn't look it up, but anything that says "mini tower" to me says half height GPU. You might be restricted to a single slot and half height card. This are your lower end 1030s, 750s, etc type cards. It's a big step up from your IGP, but not anything you'd want to play 1080 games on.

As Tac 25 said, you need to measure. Figure out what size PSU you can run. Same with the GPU. These are going to play a huge part in your decision.

Reactions: Tavish Price 47

adapters are available for 12 bucks to mate a new psu to the mobo

Reactions: Tavish Price 47
May 3, 2022
Hmm now I feel sad for my PC
I bought this for 400$ = 30k Rs. in 2015
Now if I can't Upgrade my PC under 400$, I'm not going to Upgrade it
Instead I will Build a New PC with APU and After 2 to 3 Years, will add a GPU

Reactions: spentshells