What is the best GPU for intel DH61WW BOARD

Aug 22, 2018
Hi, i want to upgrade my current GPU from Asus Nvidia 610 2gb to something better.
My PC specs-
8 GB DDR3 ram (upgrading to 16)
i5 processor.
DH61WW BOARD
please suggest me best.

Solution
There are moderators and members here who are playing AAA games using 980ti's, 1070's and 1080's running both Sandy and Ivy, and do not feel like they are seeing a reason EVEN NOW to really update their CPUs. Obviously, a newer CPU would perform better, but the fact remains that even with what he currently has his i5 will probably be fine with anything from a 750 ti all the way up to a 1070. Especially if he is running a high resolution at fairly high settings, which will take a lot of the strain off of the CPU.

Truthfully though, a 1050ti is probably more than enough if he's running a 1080p or lower display. A 1060 as you say would allow a bit more eye candy. If he plans to upgrade the CPU and motherboard at some point, I would...
You have a Sandy Bridge or Ivy Bridge i5, so I'd say a 1050 Ti or 1060 would be a good match. Go with a 1060 if you play graphically demanding games, the 1050 Ti if you play CPU demanding games since you won't benefit enough in those games to justify a 1060's extra cost.

A 610 is not suitable for gaming, so if you've been struggling with that card all this time then even a regular 1050 will blow your mind. Unless you have a specific reason to add more ram, or if you can get it really cheap, I wouldn't spend the money on it.

There are moderators and members here who are playing AAA games using 980ti's, 1070's and 1080's running both Sandy and Ivy, and do not feel like they are seeing a reason EVEN NOW to really update their CPUs. Obviously, a newer CPU would perform better, but the fact remains that even with what he currently has his i5 will probably be fine with anything from a 750 ti all the way up to a 1070. Especially if he is running a high resolution at fairly high settings, which will take a lot of the strain off of the CPU.

Truthfully though, a 1050ti is probably more than enough if he's running a 1080p or lower display. A 1060 as you say would allow a bit more eye candy. If he plans to upgrade the CPU and motherboard at some point, I would totally not be against any card he chose to install all the way up to a 1080ti though. It's not going to perform up to full capability, but if he upgrades later the practically any card he chooses now is a good choice and will be miles better than what he's currently rocking.

Solution