Question What is the best GPU PCB for gaming?

fcar1999ta

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2014
Looking for the best RTX 4090 PCB for gaming and overclocking. I don't care about the fans or heatsink performance because I will be adding water cooling. All I am looking for is the best PCB.

fcar1999ta

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2014
am just interested in the actual PCB. I don't care about the cooling, since I will be doing a liquid loop.

I think Asus Tuf = Strix = Matrix as far as the PCB is concerned.

SyCoREAPER

Honorable
Jan 11, 2018
I'd say: ASUS ROG MATRIX RTX 4090 PLATINUM, since out of all RTX 4090 GPUs, it comes with the highest Boost Clock off the bat, 2670 Mhz.
specs: https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/asus-rog-matrix-rtx-4090-platinum.b11300

2nd place with 30 Mhz less Boost Clock (2640 Mhz) would be: Colorful iGame RTX 4090 Neptune OC,
specs: https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/colorful-igame-rtx-4090-neptune-oc.b9788
You literally just looked up top-spec/most expensive 4090's.

There more to being the best than the most expensive or highest performer. PCBs have tons of components making up their full construct.

For OP
Most anything except Zotac and Gigabyte.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
You literally just looked up top-spec/most expensive 4090's.
Does money really matter if one has funds to buy RTX 4090? I'd say No.

Also, PCB has to be solid if it comes with high boost clocks off the bat. You won't see much OC headroom on FE edition, which can be considered as stock PCB. Instead, it takes custom PCBs from AIB that gives good OC potential and headroom. Asus Rog Matrix RTX 4090 Platinum comes with highest factory OC off the bat, regarding all other RTX 4090 GPUs. OP can just buy it, strip the cooling unit and replace it with whatever cooling they see fit. Sure, GPU will loose the warranty but PCB itself has top-notch power delivery and a high potential for further OC.

You also have RTX 4090, so, what are you crying about? It's not like you have to pay for OPs GPU.

Reactions: boju

SyCoREAPER

Honorable
Jan 11, 2018
You keep going back to speed and equating it to quality. Again, a card has hundreds of components. If a manufacturer has a faulty process or uses say cheap caps, it can be as fast as it wants but it's won't be good because it's using parts that won't last.

And your argument about money is the most nonsensical mindset one can have which is why after this I'm not reading or replying to whatever you say. The whole money doesn't matter statement.. just because OP wants a 4090 doesn't mean money doesn't matter. For the small performance benefit your going to justify paying for basically two 4090s because "mor3 powerz is bettar"? That ROG card is over $3000. The average cost for a 4090 is $1700 right now.
Go ahead and try and justify paying over 2x for a small performance gain.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Aeacus didn't say anything about price, because that's not how the question was framed in any way. Now, you're free to disagree with Aeacus' opinion about what is the best PCB or suggest a better value proposition, but if you think you get to berate people for answering the question posed, let me disabuse you of that notion.

Reactions: Aeacus

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Unlike the last 3 generations of Geforce, which were power limited in regards to overclock headroom, 40 series is VOLTAGE limited.
If the manufacturer doesn't have a means around that beyond a highly binned chip, then would it not matter as much how good the PCB is?