[SOLVED] what is the best gpu

Solution
Hey Zay,

It depends on if you want to run the games at 240 Frames per second. That would be very difficult even with a top end graphics card. Otherwise your 240HZ refresh rate is (kind of) going to waste. To even get close you would probably need a top of the line CPU as well to prevent one maxing out before the other (however that depends greatly on the demands of the game). If you truly want 240 FPS then I would probably recommend a 2080TI and that would only get you close to around 200 on most modern games at 1080p. To get 240, you may need to SLI them or hope for a beastly overclock to your card.

To be honest, 144HZ @144fps is pretty standard for pro's and hard core gamers. The benefits of getting up to 240FPS/HZ are...

tevans2057

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2011
Hey Zay,

It depends on if you want to run the games at 240 Frames per second. That would be very difficult even with a top end graphics card. Otherwise your 240HZ refresh rate is (kind of) going to waste. To even get close you would probably need a top of the line CPU as well to prevent one maxing out before the other (however that depends greatly on the demands of the game). If you truly want 240 FPS then I would probably recommend a 2080TI and that would only get you close to around 200 on most modern games at 1080p. To get 240, you may need to SLI them or hope for a beastly overclock to your card.

To be honest, 144HZ @144fps is pretty standard for pro's and hard core gamers. The benefits of getting up to 240FPS/HZ are negligible. I hope that helped, and wish you all the best in your build!

Solution
Jan 9, 2019

This is allot and I love it, thank you so much for your answer. How di you answer this so fast, I posted this yesterday. I wouldn't think anybody would actually see this. thanks!!!