Question what is the best laptop for linux in 2022?

Dec 28, 2021
As the title suggests, which laptop model supports linux better? pls leave a comment below if u know.

btw i am thinking to buy a used thinkpad t470. what are your opinions?

D

Deleted member 14196

Go to System76

Everything they make is specifically made for Linux and they make pop OS

I plan to get a laptop or one of their desktops pretty soon

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 28, 2021
Go to System76

Everything they make is specifically made for Linux and they make pop OS

I plan to get a laptop or one of their desktops pretty soon
price is a little higher for me, and whatever laptop i will buy will shift from china.

does the refurbished laptop of system76 available under 500 us dollar?

And thanks for the reply!

As the title suggests, which laptop model supports linux better? pls leave a comment below if u know.
The challenge with Linux is finding a model where your chosen version of Linux supports all of the peripherals. With a laptop, you would want to make sure Linux supports whatever networking and wifi/bluetooth chips may be installed in the laptop. Otherwise you would have to rely on usb powered external devices. So the real question is what version of Linux are you planning on using, and what devices does it support for networking, wifi, etc.

D

Deleted member 14196

price is a little higher for me, and whatever laptop i will buy will shift from china.

does the refurbished laptop of system76 available under 500 us dollar?

And thanks for the reply!
You said you wanted the best so you got it. To ensure that everything works properly I would buy mine from this company otherwise you’re on your own

I think if you stick with the Intel platform that you will have the most luck running various distributions of Linux

as said above, just make sure that what you buy has compatible Linux drivers

i like Ubuntu myself

Last edited by a moderator: