Question What is the best monitor what i can get for my current gaming PC (budjet 700€-1200€)

iceman11111

Commendable
Aug 13, 2016
My gaming PC specs:

• Coffee Lake i3-8350K, LGA1151, 4GHz, 8MB
  • PRIME Z370-P, ATX
  • Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
  • Seasonic 620W M12II-620
  • Kingston 8GB (2x4GB) Fury DDR4 2133 MHz, CL14
  • MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Ti ARMOR 8G

Monitor, what i use right now: BenQ 24 Zowie XL2411

However i am looking better monitor now.

What is the best monitor what i can get for my current gaming PC (budjet 700€-1200€) right now?

Requirements, what i want:

- 100 Fps - 100 Hz for (fps games) like Black Ops 4 and Destiny 2 (I have tested 60 FPS for those games for my current monitor and i dont like it, because the picture dont feel smooth enough if you compare for 100 Hz and 100 FPS) (QUESTION: How 60 FPS/Hz feels like for more expensive monitors like 1440p or ultrawide monitors?)

- 60 FPS/Hz games like Anthem or Assassins Creed. (third person games)

- 100 fps for most (driving games) like F1 2018. However in Assetto Corsa Competizione im happy for 60hz/60fps.

Long story short: Monitor has to have 100 Hz option.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
Tell me first, are you able to get that kind of FPS right now with that CPU and GPU at 1080p?

Going up to 1440p will drop your systems ability to push higher FPS. For example, if you get 100fps even on a game you like to play at whatever graphic settings you play it at on 1080p, bumping up the resolution to 1440p will see it drop down by a good 20fps at least, but more depending on the game and what graphic settings you have it running at.

But please answer my question. Because if you aren't even able to get the desired frame rate to match a higher refresh rate monitor, then it doesn't matter if you have a monitor that is capable of displaying 3000Hz, because if you can only run your games at 60-70fps no matter what, then that's still what you're going to see on the monitor.

A higher refresh rate monitor won't make your FPS higher, it just means that the monitor is capable of actually displaying that amount of frames per second which is what gives you that smoothness.

Also, what country are you in?

iceman11111

Commendable
Aug 13, 2016
Thank you for helping me Simply.

Yes i am able to get those numbers with V Sync ON ( I forgot to tell that i play V Sync ON usually).

When i play Black Ops 4 multiplayer (max settings, render 100, unlimited framerate, V Sync OFF) i get between 160 and 120 fps. It changes a lot so i like to use V Sync On and and put monitor to 100Hz so then its steady.

More about monitors what i kinda like and looking for: I feel, that i want bigger monitor. I feel, that BenQ 24 Zowie XL241 is too small. I have looked ultrawide monitors with 1080p. I was looking today Samsung C49HG90D 49". However my brother said, that they are not good. However 2160p or 1440p is not necessary for me. As you said, they will eat performance and i dont kinda like that.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
when it comes to 1080p at sizes larger than 24" it gets funky in selection.
Don't even think about it with G-Sync.

However, for your budget, you could easily just stick with 24" at 1080p, but get a G-Sync monitor that will work up to 240Hz, so you no longer have to limit fps to 100 and turn on V-Sync.
As long as your frame rate is below the 240Hz mark, and G-Sync is enabled, you will get smooth picture with no screen tearing at any frame rate, no matter how it fluctuates.

Otherwise, to go up in size you have to either sacrifice G-Sync for 1080p, or go up to 1440p.

So honestly, I feel this might be the best middle ground for you.

But if you would like to see other options, let me know.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
You could get the larger 34" one that is only 100Hz, and 1440p and ultrawide.

With playing your games at ultrawide 1440p on the 1070Ti, you can expect to get low enough frame rate that it won't go above 100fps and G-Sync will work as intended.

But that is assuming you can even find one in your region for a price within your budget, and not have to import from another country/region.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
now you want to know what the best option for 1440p is?

That depends on how you look at it.

Some will say it absolutely has to be an IPS panel, others say the higher the refresh rate the better, and others say screw both of those and get ultrawide.

If you want a recommendation for a decent quality monitor I can recommend the Dell S2417DG or if you want a larger panel, the S2716DG (but that one costs a bit more) and the 24" is just under $400 and the 27" is over $400.
A quality enough/acceptable visual gaming experience without breaking the bank is the way I look at it when deciding what's best. Because for me, what's best is whatever just simply gets the job done without destroying my wallet.

And that's why I bought the Dell S2716DG like new (but still used) on Craigslist from somebody for $300.

iceman11111

Commendable
Aug 13, 2016
I've been thinking and browsed the various displays, and I have come to the conclusion.

Right now i have BenQ 24 Zowie XL2411. It has almost everything, what i need, except G-sync, which i really need, because I HATE screen tearing (when V-Sync Off) and stuttered frame display (When V-Sync ON)

So here is what i have chosen (Display prices are the cheapest I found as new one)

1080p: Predator XP241H - 24", G- Sync, 144 Hz, 1ms = 399 €

My opinion: There is no reason to buy it just because G-sync. Without G-sync ---> it has the same features as my current one.

1440p: Asus ROG Swift PG279Q - 27", IPS, 165 Hz, Nvidia G-sync = 649€

My opinion: I have searched information and many have told, that this would be the best choice for my GTX 1070 Ti.

1440p ultrawide: Asus ROG SWIFT PG348Q: 34", IPS, 100 Hz, Nvidia G-sync = 929€

My opinion: I have searched information and many have told, that it might need more powerful graphic card. Also it's pretty expensive. I feel it is too much.

I think my choice is Asus ROG Swift PG279Q.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador