Question What is the best PREMIUM keyboard for FPS ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lutfij

Titan
Mechanical keyboards as you've linked to one such peripheral are a personal preference. There's no best especially after there are multiple variants of switches, designs, functionality and ofc price points. If one person says X is best, another will come and say Y is best or better. This is a subjective topic, IMHO. An argument can also be made to build a custom keyboard for gaming and every other task that you plan to do under the sun. In fact there's also a point to be made to have a smaller form factor keyboard like a 60% and have your hands/wrist at a natural angle when playing FPS games.

I've also gotten into custom keyboards to a small degree and one other thing I've noticed is keyboards marketed as gaming peripherals are either hit or miss...just steer clear of anything with a Razer logo on it.

tecmo34

Administrator
I agree with @Lutfij on mechanical keyboards and going down the custom keyboard route. I'm a huge fan of custom keyboards, as that is my more recent hobby. I would recommend going that route so you can truly customize the look and feel to what you like.

However, if you are looking for a strict gaming keyboard, you can't really look past the Wooting 60HE ! In most reviews, this is considered the "best pure gaming keyboard" with it's functions and abilities. It does have a pretty good back order into mid next year but I haven't heard any review say this wasn't the best "gaming keyboard". I would take the Wooting over the Corsair K100 any day for just gaming. If you are looking for gaming and everyday use too, I'm not sure the Wooting would be the option as with the custom actuation points, you may type the letter five times in one key stroke without even knowing it. Now for gaming, to be able to do multiple moves within one key stroke, that will have an advantage. Everyday use for gaming and typing, I would look custom over the Corsair K100. It's hard for me to say, as I was always a Corsair keyboard user till getting into custom keyboards, now I won't go back.

Reactions: Lutfij

tecmo34

Administrator
Hi fellows, I thought that Optical Keyboards had replaced Mechanical Keys now?!
Optical keyboards are mechanical keyboards with an optical based switch versus spring based switch. Mechanical Keyboard is kind of the generic terminology for keyboard market, where you have optical switches, liner switches, tactical switches and the clicky switches. Optical keyboards are less customizable and usually only pre0built boards like the Corsair where you can change the keycaps and that is about it.

As for the market, I would say majority is still mechanical specially in the custom keyboard realm. Optical switches are nice but if you ask me to choose between the optical switch EVGA Z20 keyboard I have or my MOD 007 V2 with liner switches, I'll take my MOD 007 V2 every time. Feel, sound, build quality all outweigh IMO what I might get in a possible advantage in response times with an Optical switch (if I would notice a difference myself).

Status
Not open for further replies.