[SOLVED] What is the best program/s to use to make digital backups of dvds and blurays

drave81

Reputable
Jul 10, 2016
im looking for the best program/s to use to turn my dvd/bluray collection into digital copies for mobile use and storage i do not want to carry around my huge disc collection anymore

Solution
For mobile use, you pretty much would need to compress the files (at least blueray) or you will have 40-50 gb movie files.

Once they are ripped to a disk, Handbrake is a great program to get easy MP4 files from movies. BlueRay should be in about the 4gb range after that with some being about double that.

The only things I really change is the speed to Slow (anything slower than Slow has minimal improvements) and the quality I up a single step higher than the defaults. Also enable Web Optimized so the video files are sorted in order for streaming.
For mobile use, you pretty much would need to compress the files (at least blueray) or you will have 40-50 gb movie files.

Once they are ripped to a disk, Handbrake is a great program to get easy MP4 files from movies. BlueRay should be in about the 4gb range after that with some being about double that.

The only things I really change is the speed to Slow (anything slower than Slow has minimal improvements) and the quality I up a single step higher than the defaults. Also enable Web Optimized so the video files are sorted in order for streaming.

Solution