Question What is the best psu under 40$

Feb 1, 2023
I'm buying an used rx 570. I currently have a non branded atx power supply and my budget is currently 40$. which psu will be best for my pc?

Lutfij

Titan
which psu will be best for my pc?
Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

You should also state where you're located and your preferred site for purchase. If you're working with an older unit, add that too.

I'm buying an used rx 570
Might want to rethink that approach since they will most certainly be used for mining. To also add, you can't verify if the user selling the card is telling the truth or lying. Regardless, it's your money, you decide what you want to do with it.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2023
CPU:Intel core i3-2100 3.1ghz
CPU cooler:unknown (my dads 10 year old pc but it has intel sticker)
Motherboard:Intel DH61WW
Ram:8gb ddr3
SSD/HDD:Hitachi 550 gb hdd, 120gb ssd (forgot the brand)
GPU:MSI rx 570 (going to buy thats why i asked)
Chassis: Value Top casing. (couldn't find model on casing or online)
Monitor:LG W2243T PF

From Dhaka,Bangladesh. i searched online sites but all were atx and chinese power supply

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
Bangladesh's currency isn't USD and since the community isn't located in Bangladesh, you might want to make it easy for us, who are assisting, to include a site off of which we can recommend PSU's for you.

Just an FYI, you should consider retiring that build since it doesn't have UEFI BIOS and anything new will have UEFI VBIOS meaning you're very likely going to see a black screen in spite of being able to hear your system boot to OS GUI. If you do get past the UEFI VBIOS issue, that board is very likely going to die, since boards of that era made by Intel have failed with bulging capacitors.

You can only get CoolerMaster MWE450 V2 80+Bronze near to this price.. Its a decent Power supply.. I personally opened and tested each components.. Its Caps are Replaced from Good Quality Elites to Crapy Capxon... But remember .. CAapacitor is not the only thing with should be considered in a PSU.. Its design is modern.. and FETs are also fine.. Switching losses are not that much.. even at full load PSU runs cooler than Corsair VS450 and CV450 (Which is rebranded VS with minute changes in control circuitary...)

If you are in extreme Budget... Dont go below Coolermaster MWE450 V2 80+ Bronze.
next safe spot is.. Corsair CX550F(not CX,CV,VS )
as per the availability.. MWE 450v2 is available in Bangladesh.. and here in India also...

Lutfij

Titan
Yeah, everyone else migrated to UEFI BIOS while Intel stayed behind, if I recall correctly, Intel's BIOS was UEFI after the P67/Z68 chipsets. H61 being the bottom of the barrel chipset, would mean it didn't get resources diverted to it. I could be wrong since I do see some images/videos of other Intel H61 chipsets, not the Intel DH61WW, on Google having UEFI BIOS on it. Your ASRock board was probably the first brand to boast about how they were on UEFI before everyone else or maybe it was Asus.

Reactions: logainofhades

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
You can only get CoolerMaster MWE450 V2 80+Bronze near to this price.. Its a decent Power supply.. I personally opened and tested each components.. Its Caps are Replaced from Good Quality Elites to Crapy Capxon... But remember .. CAapacitor is not the only thing with should be considered in a PSU.. Its design is modern.. and FETs are also fine.. Switching losses are not that much.. even at full load PSU runs cooler than Corsair VS450 and CV450 (Which is rebranded VS with minute changes in control circuitary...)

If you are in extreme Budget... Dont go below Coolermaster MWE450 V2 80+ Bronze.

For an RTX 3070?

😐🤥🤢🤮

For an RTX 3070?

😐🤥🤢🤮
Never said for 3070... as he is going to buy used RX570.. which means he is under budget.. as far as I know about Bangladesh's PC markets. there are not many options.. otherwise I don't recommend MWE450.. My personal choice for budget PSU is Corsair CX550F because of wide availability but its much more expensive as MWE v2 specially when we consider 50-70$ price point 10$ difference means 20% of price... and VS, CV are not as good as MWE v2 bronze.. according to my testing... so Thats why MWE 450 for a tight budget build.