Question What is the best ramdisk program for windows xp

Hello. I had a thread on this but before anyone responded the forum got updated and my thread disappeared. I would like to increase the amount of ram usable in my laptop. I have a Toshuba Satellite L55-A with 12 gb of ram in a 4+8gb configuration. I am running XP 32 bit for compatability with older games and only 2.89gb is usable. I would like to increase this by making a ram disk and using that as the page file.
What is the best program for a ram disk for my hardware and operating systemz

Hello. I had a thread on this but before anyone responded the forum got updated and my thread disappeared. I would like to increase the amount of ram usable in my laptop. I have a Toshuba Satellite L55-A with 12 gb of ram in a 4+8gb configuration. I am running XP 32 bit for compatability with older games and only 2.89gb is usable. I would like to increase this by making a ram disk and using that as the page file.
What is the best program for a ram disk for my hardware and operating systemz

I don't think you can have a program set aside RAM for the ramdisk outside of the usable RAM the operating system can address.

Get a solid state drive, will have faster page file then. They are pretty cheap now.

TRENDING THREADS