[SOLVED] What is the best sealed liquid cooler?

FluffyButtonsXD

Reputable
Jan 1, 2020
So to get this right, factory sealed liquid coolers don’t need maintenance? Like no topping off the liquid? Do they ever leak? How long do they last? I guess when it comes down to replacing id have to buy a whole new one? I just dont want to do maintenance on one because ill forget about it and ill ruin my rig. I just want to put it in my rig and not have to worry. I will keep an eye on the temps because i have NZXT CAM and i can watch my temps there

Solution
Yes, AIO (all in one) coolers do not require maintenance.

Yes they can leak but it's usually pretty rare. If it was common I doubt many people would bother using them. Corsair, years ago had issues with there H100i were they leaked and damaged quite a few systems although Corsair did the right thing and paid for the damages and greatly improved there product.

5 years usually and that's the pump not working, not leaking.

What CPU do you have? Most CPU's can be easily cooled with high end air coolers which are typically cheaper and quieter.

WildCard999

Titan

Yes they can leak but it's usually pretty rare. If it was common I doubt many people would bother using them. Corsair, years ago had issues with there H100i were they leaked and damaged quite a few systems although Corsair did the right thing and paid for the damages and greatly improved there product.

What CPU do you have? Most CPU's can be easily cooled with high end air coolers which are typically cheaper and quieter.

Solution

FluffyButtonsXD

Reputable
Jan 1, 2020

Thats the thing, the cpu is the one thing i can not be comfortable deciding on, i was originally going to go with the i7 9700k or i9-9900k and i hear the 9900k gets hot, like i said i do not want to do maintenance with liquid coolers. (Intel is pretty pricey too) i was going to go with Amd because they have a stock cooler and i dont plan to do any OC. Was looking at a Ryzen9 3900x but i wasnt sure if itd be a waist of money when they release the Ryzen 4xxx series. I was trying to build my future rig and have it last me for years. I do plan on getting a rx 5700 xt gpu, as well as a x570 mobo since that has a 4.0 bandwith or express lane. I really dont want to buy anything until parts start aging. I just can not decide i really want the 3900x with the gigabyte x570 aorus Elite mobo. I plan on buying this on the last week of may (when ill have the $$) i dont want to wait for ryzen 4xxx series. I just want to have my rig last me for as long as it can, it might sound crazy but 5 years and more???

WildCard999

Titan
What are the uses for the CPU? Gaming? Streaming? Video editing?

Budget?

Something like the Ryzen 3600 or 3700X would be enough for most tasks and should be fine for at least a few years, plus the stock coolers keep them within safe limits although some like myself usually replace the coolers for something a bit better and much quieter.

FluffyButtonsXD

Reputable
Jan 1, 2020
What are the uses for the CPU? Gaming? Streaming? Video editing?

Budget?

Something like the Ryzen 3600 or 3700X would be enough for most tasks and should be fine for at least a few years, plus the stock coolers keep them within safe limits although some like myself usually replace the coolers for something a bit better and much quieter.
Planned on gaming and possibly streaming, was looking at a 3900x and it would last me longer than a few years? Cpu price isnt a problem, maybe the 9900k is way out of my price point

WildCard999

Titan
Planned on gaming and possibly streaming, was looking at a 3900x and it would last me longer than a few years? Cpu price isnt a problem, maybe the 9900k is way out of my price point
For your uses I think the 3700X would be fine.
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/ryzen-9-3900x-7-3700x-review,6214.html

It's difficult to say how long a CPU will last but usually with higher end CPU's you typically get around 5 years. If I didn't have to sell my system at the time I'd still be using a 4770K (2013) as it worked for my needs (gaming).

EDIT: Just noticed you stated you were going to buy around May, I'd ask about that upgrade two weeks prior to buying as parts could change and if the B550 boards are out they could bring a better price to performance over the X570 boards.

FluffyButtonsXD

Reputable
Jan 1, 2020

It's difficult to say how long a CPU will last but usually with higher end CPU's you typically get around 5 years. If I didn't have to sell my system at the time I'd still be using a 4770K (2013) as it worked for my needs (gaming).

What is your max budget for the CPU, MB & RAM? (I'm thinking 3900X/X570 & 2x16gb @3200mhz if possible).
Max budget is $469.99 same as 3900x, mobo is no more than $200 the one im looking at is a Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite it is $179.99 and RAM i was looking at 2x16gb 3600mhz by g.skill Ripjaws $159.99

FluffyButtonsXD

Reputable
Jan 1, 2020
Max budget is $469.99 same as 3900x, mobo is no more than $200 the one im looking at is a Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite it is $179.99 and RAM i was looking at 2x16gb 3600mhz by g.skill Ripjaws $159.99
I bought other parts separately but im trying to stay under a $1,000, im buying the gpu soon and i already bought the case and then i need to buy the RAM and The Gpu and that leaves me with the cpu, storage, and powersupply oh and the mobo. I do need to buy the nvme 500gb storage bcz on amazon, the total is above $1,000

FluffyButtonsXD

Reputable
Jan 1, 2020

What is your max budget for the CPU, MB & RAM? (I'm thinking 3900X/X570 & 2x16gb @3200mhz if possible).
Max budget is $469.99 same as 3900x, mobo is no more than $200 the one im looking at is a Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite it is $179.99 and RAM i was looking at 2x16gb 3600mhz by g.skill
I have two Corsair aio coolers going on 7-8 years now still 100% working no leaks or anything so That’s what I’d recommend
Which model? Just curious

FluffyButtonsXD

Reputable
Jan 1, 2020
Max budget is $469.99 same as 3900x, mobo is no more than $200 the one im looking at is a Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite it is $179.99 and RAM i was looking at 2x16gb 3600mhz by g.skill

Which model? Just curious
This is everything that i wanted to get, like i mentioned before, i just bought the case, next is going to be the storage (samsung nvme 500gb) then the RAM sticks (g.skill ripjaws 2x16gb 3600mhz). The fans i will wait on because the case comes with 3 stock fans. Next i will get the rx 5700 xt as well so the total on amazon is below a thousand here is the list

PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
:----|:----|:----
CPU | AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core Processor | $469.99 @ Amazon
Motherboard | Gigabyte X570 AORUS ELITE ATX AM4 Motherboard | $179.99 @ Amazon
Memory | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory | $159.99 @ Newegg
Storage | Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive | $87.99 @ Amazon
Storage | Samsung 860 QVO 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive | $106.99 @ Amazon
Video Card | PowerColor Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB Red Devil Video Card | $439.99 @ Amazon
Case | Lian Li LANCOOL II-X ATX Mid Tower Case |-
Power Supply | Corsair RM (2019) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply | $127.99 @ Amazon
Operating System | Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit | $99.99 @ B&H
Case Fan | upHere T7SYC7-6 120 mm Fans | $45.99 @ Amazon
| Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts |
| Total | $1718.91
| Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-02-12 11:07 EST-0500 |

Dankhola

Prominent
Feb 12, 2020
Corsair apparently will reimburse components damaged by a leak IF given enough evidence. This can't be said for all vendors of AIO coolers.
90% of all in one coolers are units made by Asetek (including the X62) and are functionally the same.
Corsair provides a 5 year warranty and they should last a good deal longer than that. Leaks are very rare and the unit is sealed, so no topping up or bleeding necessary.

Even my old 90mm AIO from years ago seemed fine when I last tested it. I have a H115i now and it keeps my CPU very cool. Pump noise/faliure should be a bigger worry than leaks but even then your system should be fine and you should get a replacement if under warranty.

Bear in mind Linus tested AIOs against good Air coolers and performance was almost identical (some of the high end Air-coolers actually performed better!)

Which is best is subjective. Some have great thermal capacity (total heat removal in watts) numbers. However their noise level is terrible. Then there are those with monitoring features. Then there are those which are highly efficient and run dead silent, but don't remove the most heat. (The later is considered the primary perk of water cooling.)

Reactions: Phaaze88