what is the best setup for these SSD's/HDD's 2 x 1TB SSD's + 4 x 500GB SSD's + 2 x 4TB HDD's

Jan 11, 2019
Would like to do 1080p video, audio recording/mixing and 2D motion graphic animation.

I appreciate, if that could be kept in mind, beings that is what I want the computer to do.
That is, if it matters.

Thanks in advance

Jan 11, 2019

The motherboard has 10 sata III ports, ports 7-10 are AHCI/IDE only.
Within the computer I wasn't planning a raid configuration other than maybe a raid1 if quiet enough.
No ad in SATA RAID card.

Below is a link to the manufacture Specs. page. The Board is a MSI X99A SLI (not a plus version) and it would probably be better check the board there than waiting for me to type all that.

https://us.msi.com/Motherboard/X99A-SLI/Specification

Thanks

Jan 11, 2019

You know I believe your right! I guess my brain got ahead of my fingers, I'll try to make this right!

Below I have the Post heading and what I would like to do with the computer once it's put together.

What is the best setup for these SSD's/HDD's 2 x 1TB SSD's + 4 x 500GB SSD's + 2 x 4TB HDD's
Would like to do 1080p video editing, audio recording/mixing and 2D motion graphic animation.
I should have also mentioned, I wanted people to tell me, how they would setup the drives that I have mentioned, to do the task I have listed. Please fill free to use all the drives, just a few drives or however you and others would have their Drive Configuration for 1080p video editing, audio recording/mixing and 2D motion graphic animation.

sorry for the confusion.

Thanks

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from tec2lrn : "what is the best setup for these SSD's/HDD's 2 x 1TB SSD's + 4 x 500GB SSD's + 2 x 4TB HDD's"

Jan 11, 2019