Question What is the best silent laser mouse I could buy?

David_24

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2015
I bought logitech m590 but it uses invisible optics instead of a laser to track movement And it's just terrible. I have to send it back. What is a proper laser mouse without clicking sounds I could get? My old one broke it was quietmouse.com but they closed down... so depressing.

David_24

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2015
I bought logitech m590 but it uses invisible optics instead of a laser to track movement And it's just terrible. I have to send it back. What is a proper laser mouse without clicking sounds I could get? My old one broke it was quietmouse.com but they closed down... so depressing.
could you put this in hardware peripherals for me? i put it in wrong one by mistake

Done --- Moderator

Sagar_20

Distinguished
Even my Logitech G402 has invisible light. I don't think that's a problem as almost all of their mice use invisible laser grade tracking.

As far as M590 is concerned, i think it's better suited for people that want to have connectivity with two computers at the same time.

Depending on your preference, you can consider logitech M330 (or 331) silent plus or M221 silent (Large mouse). They offer battery life up to 24 and 18 months.

David_24

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2015
Even my Logitech G402 has invisible light. I don't think that's a problem as almost all of their mice use invisible laser grade tracking.

As far as M590 is concerned, i think it's better suited for people that want to have connectivity with two computers at the same time.

Depending on your preference, you can consider logitech M330 (or 331) silent plus or M221 silent (Large mouse). They offer battery life up to 24 and 18 months.
I'm scared though cause I bought the expensive version of logitech and the m331 and m221 are a lot cheaper. Do you think the tracking might be bettter? I need to be able to play starcraft 2 well

Sagar_20

Distinguished
If looking for something silent, i believe these would be the best. If you have no problem with noise, check out the Logitech M525. I believe it's the best cheap wireless mouse in existence. It's ambidextrous, uses advanced optical sensor and has 2 AA battery for up to 36 months battery life. Moderate gaming shouldn't be a problem.

Page link

Comparison link

and if it's going to be used for high end gaming, then you'll be better off with a real wireless gaming mouse, like g305 or something better with more buttons.