[SOLVED] What is the best slots for 24GB RAM 8-8-8 ?

Jan 19, 2020
Hello guys,

im using motherboard GigaBite X570 Aorus elite && Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 8x2(16GB) - 3600Mhz

And i installed it on slots : •-8-•-8 and everything is fine,

And now i bought one more 8GB, should i install it : 8-8-•-8 or •-8-8-8 ?

Solution
What if i bought one more to be 8-8-8-8
is this will be better ?
Nope.
Ryzen doesn't play as nice with more than 2 sticks installed - not to say it flat out won't work, but it may give you trouble nonetheless.
Plus, filling all 4 slots will force you to run them at a slower speed. You're welcome to try and force them all to run 3600mhz in bios, only to see the system start freezing and crashing at some point - perhaps almost immediately.

Simply return the single stick and get your money back. If you want to upgrade the ram later, then do 2x 16 3600mhz next.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
What if i bought one more to be 8-8-8-8
is this will be better ?
Nope.
Ryzen doesn't play as nice with more than 2 sticks installed - not to say it flat out won't work, but it may give you trouble nonetheless.
Plus, filling all 4 slots will force you to run them at a slower speed. You're welcome to try and force them all to run 3600mhz in bios, only to see the system start freezing and crashing at some point - perhaps almost immediately.

Simply return the single stick and get your money back. If you want to upgrade the ram later, then do 2x 16 3600mhz next.

Reactions: Farisalqolop
Solution