[SOLVED] What is the best value Micro ATX mobo for Core i5 13600K

_Dude_of_Rock_

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2014
Not sure what motherboard would be the best for an Intel Core i5 13600K and an RTX 3060 12gb but also not being too pricey. I would be using it alot for working in Adobe Photoshop and illustrator and also quite a bit of gaming too. Might be a bit vague but just wondering if anyone has any suggestions? First pc I've put together in a long while haha

Any help would be appreciated:)

Solution
I don't have a strong opinion about MSI, Gigabyte, Z, or B boards.

You can have a terrible experience with whatever choice you make. You can read reviews until you are sick of it and you can listen to anecdotes from any of us or any PC shop....and still end up unhappy or indecisive.

I'm about 50 percent sure I will rebuild in the next 3 months or so and am leaning toward B series, MSI, DDR 5, and 13600K.

I might go with Gigabyte pending new B760M board reviews if MSI causes frowns. There's maybe a 20 percent chance I'll choose 13700 rather than 13600K, but I'm fairly budget-conscious. I intend to read a bunch of reviews of the B760M boards as they arrive.

Any choice will involve a leap of faith and crossed fingers. Don't know any...
What vendors will you consider? Amazon? Newegg?

"Too pricey" is a bit vague. Got a number in mind?

Do you insist on a Z series board?

I'd consider MSI Mortar series and Gigabyte Aorus series.

You have to decide on DDR 4 versus DDR 5. Boards will take one or the other; not either.

Last edited:

_Dude_of_Rock_

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2014
What vendors will you consider? Amazon? Newegg?

"Too pricey" is a bit vague. Got a number in mind?

Do you insist on a Z series board?

I'd consider MSI Mortar series and Gigabyte Aorus series.

You have to decide on DDR 4 versus DDR 5. Boards will take one or the other; not either.
Hi, sorry I didn't get much sleep the other night and you can tell lol but what I meant was just the minimum amount to ensure a quality board really, what's your take on the B series for my CPU? I'm in the UK so nothing over 200 pound. Probably Amazon and oh I forgot to mention it'll be ddr4 too.

Ok thanks for the recommendation, I was leaning towards a MSI board and then my local pc shop told me they don't recommend MSI boards, have you heard similar?

Thanks for the reply dude :)

I don't have a strong opinion about MSI, Gigabyte, Z, or B boards.

You can have a terrible experience with whatever choice you make. You can read reviews until you are sick of it and you can listen to anecdotes from any of us or any PC shop....and still end up unhappy or indecisive.

I'm about 50 percent sure I will rebuild in the next 3 months or so and am leaning toward B series, MSI, DDR 5, and 13600K.

I might go with Gigabyte pending new B760M board reviews if MSI causes frowns. There's maybe a 20 percent chance I'll choose 13700 rather than 13600K, but I'm fairly budget-conscious. I intend to read a bunch of reviews of the B760M boards as they arrive.

Any choice will involve a leap of faith and crossed fingers. Don't know any way out of that.

Reactions: _Dude_of_Rock_
Solution
Jan 19, 2023
When looking for a motherboard for an Intel Core i5-13600K and an RTX 3060 12GB, there are a few things to consider:
  1. Socket Type: The Intel Core i5-13600K uses the LGA 1200 socket, so you will need to find a motherboard that is compatible with this socket.
  2. Chipset: The Intel Core i5-13600K is compatible with the H410, H470, B460, and Z490 chipsets. The H470 and Z490 chipsets offer more features and higher performance than the H410 and B460 chipsets.
  3. Features: Depending on your specific needs, you may want to look for a motherboard that has features such as Wi-Fi, USB 3.2, or Thunderbolt 3 support.
  4. Overclocking: If you plan on overclocking your processor, make sure to look for a motherboard that has good overclocking support, such as robust power delivery and a high-quality VRM.
  5. Brand: As always, it's a good idea to go for a reputable brand such as ASUS, MSI, ASRock, Gigabyte, etc.
  6. Price: There are motherboards available at various price points, so you'll want to look for one that fits within your budget.
Some examples of motherboards that might be a good fit for your build:
  • MSI B460M-A Pro
  • ASUS Prime H470-Pro
  • ASRock H470M-ITX/ac
  • Gigabyte H470M DS3H
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list, and you should compare the features and specifications of the motherboards you are interested in before making a decision.
Also, regarding the RTX 3060 12GB, make sure the motherboard has a PCIe 4.0 slot, this graphic card requires this slot to run at it's full potential.
Additionally, you should also consider the amount of RAM you plan to use, the amount of storage and what kind of storage you're going to use, and the type of power supply you're planning to use.