what is the best video card I can support on my HP model no. p6674y, ive upgraded psu to 500 watts

sycorax314

Reputable
Oct 15, 2014
i have an HP envy with 6 GB DDR3 system memory, PCIe x16, and a 500 watt power supply. I had previously upgraded the graphics card to a Radeon HD 6700 series but I have crashes in games even with shadows and detail dialed all the way down. Id like to upgrade and spend around 200-300 bucks on a better card

Solution
You could get a GTX 760, As that would run on a minimum 500w power supply. But, If you can get together $30 to $40 more than your $300 cap, You could get a GTX 970, which also requires a 500w power supply and is the much more capable card.

Honestly, It really depends on what games you play and what resolution monitor you play at. But hopefully, Those recommendations work well for a good bang for your buck.

TStahler

Distinguished
You could get a GTX 760, As that would run on a minimum 500w power supply. But, If you can get together $30 to $40 more than your $300 cap, You could get a GTX 970, which also requires a 500w power supply and is the much more capable card.

Honestly, It really depends on what games you play and what resolution monitor you play at. But hopefully, Those recommendations work well for a good bang for your buck.

Solution

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

I would ask for help on the cause of the crashes, before you throw more money at the problem.

HP p6674y

This your computer?