[SOLVED] What is the best way to improve cooling

Solution
Well the problem is it doesn't have suck in fans.

Bold recommendation:
PCPartPicker Part List
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-L9a-AM4 33.84 CFM CPU Cooler ($39.90 @ Amazon)
Thermal Compound: ARCTIC MX4 4 g Thermal Paste ($6.98 @ OutletPC)
Case Fan: Noctua NF-A9 PWM 46.44 CFM 92 mm Fan ($16.95 @ Amazon)
Total: $63.83
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-08-28 11:03 EDT-0400

I also recommend to use the mx4 paste to replace the paste on the gpu :
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilCV9wCKqQM

I actually know this guy in the video, hes really helpful.

those are things you...

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
What are the fan arrangements in the case?
Also when you say over 80 degrees, the CPU, GPU? And is it just a short spike or prolonged exposure to over 80 degrees?
What is the CPU cooler?
Will you void warranties if you open up the case? (usual HP pre-builds can sometimes void warranties this way).

Also remember ambient temperatures are really important here, what is your ambient (room) temperature?

Reactions: Jessukka

Jessukka

Reputable
Jul 28, 2019
What are the fan arrangements in the case?
Also when you say over 80 degrees, the CPU, GPU? And is it just a short spike or prolonged exposure to over 80 degrees?
What is the CPU cooler?
Will you void warranties if you open up the case? (usual HP pre-builds can sometimes void warranties this way).

Also remember ambient temperatures are really important here, what is your ambient (room) temperature?
The case only has one fan on the back and air intake on the side panel. GPU temperatures are over 80°C for a long time period. CPU and motherboard are bit cooler than that. The room temperature is about 24°C.
I couldn't find the CPU cooler model and opening the case will not void warranties.

Last edited:

Jessukka

Reputable
Jul 28, 2019
Well it would appear air flow of that case isn't optimal - because ideally you have cool air from the bottom front, exhaust at the rear back, you say upping fan speeds did nothing?
Does opening the PC side panel lower temperatures?
Opening the side panel lowers the temperatures. I actually randomly came across my old laptop cooler pad that has five powerful fans and is just the same size as my pc's side panel. So I will attach the cooler to my side panel with magnets and then check the temperatures. The laptop cooler pad's rpm can even be changed with a slider. Should I add some mesh or something to keep the dust out?

Bold recommendation:
PCPartPicker Part List

those are things you can do easily yourself. good tools is half the work done. make sure you got the right screwdrivers.

big drops will get if you mod your case for more air, that's up to you how good you are in mechanical engineering. For the next time don't buy prebuild pcs because than you don't need to go through this hassle. and we can always help you build one.

Goodluck friends.

Superninja12

Reactions: Jessukka
Solution

Jessukka

Reputable
Jul 28, 2019

Bold recommendation:
PCPartPicker Part List

those are things you can do easily yourself. good tools is half the work done. make sure you got the right screwdrivers.

big drops will get if you mod your case for more air, that's up to you how good you are in mechanical engineering. For the next time don't buy prebuild pcs because than you don't need to go through this hassle. and we can always help you build one.

Goodluck friends.

Superninja12
Thank you for those recommendations and tips my friend gave me an new much powerful fan.
I removed the side panel, just put my laptop cooling pad on the side panel's place and made it dust proof. Now the temperatures are much lower and it doesn't even look that bad.

Thanks every one for helping me