[SOLVED] What is the best way to install two AIO units one on CPU and one on GPU?

Oct 20, 2020
I was given a kraken m22 to put on my CPU, I already have a kraken x62 which cools the GPU. Currently I have both directly mounted the m22 pulls in air from the back and the x62 pulls air in from the front. the top fan is my exhaust...is it okay to be set up like this? or should my m22 be indirectly mounted, pushing air out?

Thanks in advance!

Solution
I'm assuming by 'directly' or 'indirectly' mounted, you're talking about the fans being infront or behind the radiator(s)? It's fairly negligible whether you're pushing air through the Rad ("Push") or pulling ("Pull"), but you your rear fan/AIO should almost always be set to exhaust (ie either pulling air out, fan to chassis, rad inside or pushing air out, rad to chassis, fan inside).

By using the rear as an intake, it can impede airflow vs the front intake as you have two air channels, blowing directly at each other AND you're relying on a single fan to exhaust the air of 3 fans (two front intake, one rear intake currently).

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
I'm assuming by 'directly' or 'indirectly' mounted, you're talking about the fans being infront or behind the radiator(s)? It's fairly negligible whether you're pushing air through the Rad ("Push") or pulling ("Pull"), but you your rear fan/AIO should almost always be set to exhaust (ie either pulling air out, fan to chassis, rad inside or pushing air out, rad to chassis, fan inside).

By using the rear as an intake, it can impede airflow vs the front intake as you have two air channels, blowing directly at each other AND you're relying on a single fan to exhaust the air of 3 fans (two front intake, one rear intake currently).

Solution
Oct 20, 2020

Thanks for responding! yes what I meant by direct/indirect was the fans location on the aio and in my case I have both set up as radiator > fan > chassis. I think what you're telling me is that direct vs indirect is irrelevant as long as my back fan is working as an exhaust, is that correct?