[SOLVED] What is the best way to position my fans for intake and exhaust?

amatthews1558

Commendable
Oct 1, 2020
I have a total of five fans, I tried with 2 intake and 1 back exhaust and everything was way too hot. Can someone give me advice how to position all 5 fans? I have 2 in the front and 2 in the top and 1 at the back as an exhaust. Should I have the top and front fans positioned as intake? Or just the front fans as intake and everything else exhaust? I do not care about fan noise.

Solution
Typical setup is intake on front, exhaust on back. If you have filters put more fans on the filtered intake to overpressure the rest of the case with filtered air. Verify that your fans are running the right direction, if they are not simply unscrew them and flip. If you are running water coolers they will normally vent to the top. When in this configuration I have had better cooling results when I tape off the remaining top holes and force the radiator exhaust out of the case rather than allowing it to swirl back down.

kanewolf

Titan
I have a total of five fans, I tried with 2 intake and 1 back exhaust and everything was way too hot. Can someone give me advice how to position all 5 fans? I have 2 in the front and 2 in the top and 1 at the back as an exhaust. Should I have the top and front fans positioned as intake? Or just the front fans as intake and everything else exhaust? I do not care about fan noise.
There is no "standard" answer. It depends on the fans and what other components you have. To see if you can improve temps by improving airflow, run with the side panel OFF. If your temps don't improve significantly, then it isn't an airflow problem.

amatthews1558

Commendable
Oct 1, 2020
There is no "standard" answer. It depends on the fans and what other components you have. To see if you can improve temps by improving airflow, run with the side panel OFF. If your temps don't improve significantly, then it isn't an airflow problem.
Yeah I actually did try running my PC with the side panel off already, temps dropped by 15 Celsius

jasonf2

Distinguished
Typical setup is intake on front, exhaust on back. If you have filters put more fans on the filtered intake to overpressure the rest of the case with filtered air. Verify that your fans are running the right direction, if they are not simply unscrew them and flip. If you are running water coolers they will normally vent to the top. When in this configuration I have had better cooling results when I tape off the remaining top holes and force the radiator exhaust out of the case rather than allowing it to swirl back down.

Solution
I would use the front 2 fans as intake and the rest as exhaust.