[SOLVED] What is the best way to transfer large files to one external hdd to another?

Kane_9

Commendable
Aug 10, 2017
I know I can copy them but it takes a long time is there a way to shorten the time between the two drives via usb?

Also do I have to worry about heat after some hours of copying being 54c-56c will it damage the drive?

Solution
Do you have two HDDs [i.e. platter-driven hard-drives]?
One safe way to copy massive amounts or massive-sized files in by using TeraCopy or anything similar that will generate on-the-fly feedback as the copying progresses. Another, do the copying in "clumps", do not pick all the files at once. After a few "clumps", give the process a short rest, several minutes may be enough, then continue.

I'm not sure if Harddisk Sentinal or anything similar will track the temps of external HDDs - have to experiment and find out.

RolandJS

Reputable
Mar 10, 2017
Do you have two HDDs [i.e. platter-driven hard-drives]?
One safe way to copy massive amounts or massive-sized files in by using TeraCopy or anything similar that will generate on-the-fly feedback as the copying progresses. Another, do the copying in "clumps", do not pick all the files at once. After a few "clumps", give the process a short rest, several minutes may be enough, then continue.

I'm not sure if Harddisk Sentinal or anything similar will track the temps of external HDDs - have to experiment and find out.

Reactions: Kane_9
Solution