[SOLVED] What is the best way to uninstall Asus AI Suite 3?

emitfudd

Honorable
Apr 9, 2017
Since the latest windows update I get the following error after the restart.

Access Violation at address 04C56268 in module BIOSFLK.DLL. Read of address 00000008.

Looks like this has been going on for years according to google search results going back to 2018. This is the second time that a windows update has left AI Suite 3 unusable.

This is the original installation of AI Suite 3 from 2017 when I first built this PC. This is now my backup PC so no OC. Just used for surfing web. I think it's time to kiss AI Suite 3 goodbye. I have read you are supposed to use a cleaner utility after the uninstallation but I can't find it anywhere. I can't even find a download on the Asus website to update AI Suite 3. They really like to hide things. Is using the regular uninstall option enough?

Asus Maximus IX Code
Windows 10 Pro 21H2

Solution

Access Violation at address 04C56268 in module BIOSFLK.DLL. Read of address 00000008.

Looks like this has been going on for years according to google search results going back to 2018. This is the second time that a windows update has left AI Suite 3 unusable.

This is the original installation of AI Suite 3 from 2017 when I first built this PC. This is now my backup PC so no OC. Just used for surfing web. I think it's time to kiss AI Suite 3 goodbye. I have read you are supposed to use a cleaner utility after the uninstallation but I can't find it anywhere. I can't even find a download on the Asus website to update AI Suite 3. They really like to hide...

emitfudd

Honorable
Apr 9, 2017
You can try CCleaner 64bit.

It can uninstall the apps and clean the registry.

https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/download/standard
Is that all Asus was using? They had a link to CC Cleaner? Or did they have a specific cleaner to remove all traces of AI Suite 3?

I finally found the list of utilities for my motherboard. There is currently no type of AI Suite 3 cleaner. I used programs in control panel to uninstall. Probably the only way to get rid of every single trace of AI Suite 3 is to do a wipe and fresh install of Windows 10.

Last edited:

This is the original installation of AI Suite 3 from 2017 when I first built this PC. This is now my backup PC so no OC. Just used for surfing web. I think it's time to kiss AI Suite 3 goodbye. I have read you are supposed to use a cleaner utility after the uninstallation but I can't find it anywhere. I can't even find a download on the Asus website to update AI Suite 3. They really like to hide things. Is using the regular uninstall option enough?

Asus Maximus IX Code
Windows 10 Pro 21H2
The ASUS website is kind of quirky; you have to click the Expand All option at the top to get a full list of all of the utilities. The cleaner is there:

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/14Utilities/UninstallAI3Tool_1.00.04.zip

Solution

emitfudd

Honorable
Apr 9, 2017