[SOLVED] What is the better option?

Hell_Pin_Me_Out

Prominent
Dec 13, 2019
So i have an intel dq57tm, with 8gb ram & a asus gt 1030 2gb (ddr5 version) using an i5 650 dualcore....

im curious what would be a better addition, bear in mind graphically i know what im getting, but its just for the boy to play fortnite, it was running a zotac gt 610, (on low @ not even 480p by the looks of it lol) so i know its capable,just, as is.
With the gt1030 being a better card by miles, i have 1 main issue, the load times are horribly slow, like painfully.

so what would be better, upgrading to a quad i5 750?

or buying an SSD (if compatible with my board, afaik it only has sata, which i assume is sata i 🤷🏼‍♂️)

or both?

im not asking for miracles, as mentioned i know its scraping the barrel, but for a free pc its lasted years...

thanks

Hell_Pin_Me_Out

Prominent
Dec 13, 2019
Go SSD.

Go grab a good brand B75 motherboard (gigabyte, asus, asrock, msi) and a xeon e3 1230/1240 or its v2, you'll notice the big differences in power consumption and performance.
I was thinking the ssd...thanks for the suggestion, but ive only just gone & bought a new board for myself lol...im happy to spend £15 on a 120gb SSD, not getting him a whole new setup lol...cheers 👌

Reactions: Koekieezz