[SOLVED] What is the better psu for this build?

Brotherofwar

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2013
Hi guys@
i need help deciding between these psu:
Either evga supernova g2 or p2 750
Or corsair ax 760
Will 750w be enough for oc cpu i7 9700k to 4.8 ghz
And memory on the rtx 2080 super?
Or do I need the 850?
Or are there superior psu then the ones mentioned?
For the following build : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/WvxsbX
The case has 2 200mm fans
+ 80mm
Thanks for the help and have a great day/night!

Last edited:
Solution
In order of the overall quality, performance and quiet of the units, it would be the AX, then the P2 followed by the G2. Frankly, it's highly unusual that the P2 would be less expensive than the G2, and if that's the case there is no reason to even consider the G2. If the AX isn't terribly more expensive than the P2, it's easily the better choice. For a fifty Euro difference, I'd probably just go with the P2 unless you really want an amazing PSU and then you want to stick with the Corsair AX or Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium units.

Both the EVGA P2 Platinum and Corsair AX850 Titanium have ten year warranties, so there really isn't any room there for a foothold of one over the other and the difference between Platinum and Titanium...
Are you looking at used power supplies?

Please post a link to the AX 760 you are seeing for sale, because those units haven't been available from what I can see for a while now.

Overall, ANY of them is a good purchase. The G2, P2 and AX series are ALL superior power supplies and you can't go wrong with any of them.

Looking at that build, I'd probably just go with the G2 750 as it's a great unit and is probably the least expensive of the bunch unless you're looking at used power supplies.

Any GOOD quality 550w unit is more than enough for that build. If you want to factor in some headroom for overclocking or spikes, or thermal cushion, then a 650-750w unit is fine and isn't a bad idea. No way you need more than 750w at the VERY most though. 650w, if it's a high quality model, is plenty. Even 550w is plenty if you're not overclocking anything.

Reactions: Brotherofwar

Brotherofwar

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2013

Please post a link to the AX 760 you are seeing for sale, because those units haven't been available from what I can see for a while now.

Overall, ANY of them is a good purchase. The G2, P2 and AX series are ALL superior power supplies and you can't go wrong with any of them.

Looking at that build, I'd probably just go with the G2 750 as it's a great unit and is probably the least expensive of the bunch unless you're looking at used power supplies.

Any GOOD quality 550w unit is more than enough for that build. If you want to factor in some headroom for overclocking or spikes, or thermal cushion, then a 650-750w unit is fine and isn't a bad idea. No way you need more than 750w at the VERY most though. 650w, if it's a high quality model, is plenty. Even 550w is plenty if you're not overclocking anything.
Corsair AX850, AX Series Vollmodulares 80 Plus Titanium Netzteil (850 Watt) schwarz (EU) https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07KYZJX75/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_27FyDbAD5C7AH
Probably because I'm from Europe?
Used psu to buy?
Nop nop and NOP...
Haha.
I've done a couple of research and these 3 seemed the best at 75Theref750watts todays Standard ...
Thefore if there are better option I'll gladly look into it.
The ax series are the corsair top of line psu no?
Although more now a days Rm-x seems good...

Last edited:

Brotherofwar

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2013

The p2 sells for 158€ while the g2 for 165€
Therefore what is the best?
P2 seemed the more high end with platinum correct?

In order of the overall quality, performance and quiet of the units, it would be the AX, then the P2 followed by the G2. Frankly, it's highly unusual that the P2 would be less expensive than the G2, and if that's the case there is no reason to even consider the G2. If the AX isn't terribly more expensive than the P2, it's easily the better choice. For a fifty Euro difference, I'd probably just go with the P2 unless you really want an amazing PSU and then you want to stick with the Corsair AX or Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium units.

Both the EVGA P2 Platinum and Corsair AX850 Titanium have ten year warranties, so there really isn't any room there for a foothold of one over the other and the difference between Platinum and Titanium efficiency is largely unnoticeable to the average user. A few cents or dollars per year, some minor thermal variance and no difference whatsoever in terms of performance and either of them will handle fairly large overclocking considerations, plus the addition of just about as much hardware as you want to attach to the system, so at that point it becomes mainly a matter of which brand is more trustworthy and in this case, it is both.

Reactions: Brotherofwar
Solution

Brotherofwar

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2013

Both the EVGA P2 Platinum and Corsair AX850 Titanium have ten year warranties, so there really isn't any room there for a foothold of one over the other and the difference between Platinum and Titanium efficiency is largely unnoticeable to the average user. A few cents or dollars per year, some minor thermal variance and no difference whatsoever in terms of performance and either of them will handle fairly large overclocking considerations, plus the addition of just about as much hardware as you want to attach to the system, so at that point it becomes mainly a matter of which brand is more trustworthy and in this case, it is both.
Thats great to hear! Well thank you for the help...
Really apreciate it!