Question What is the cheapest build I can get that can maintain 144fps

Epic setting low everything except view distance is high no 1080p gonna use 144 hz monitor so yes 4K i think
Not sure what you're saying. Are you saying you want to play the game at 4k resolution @ 144fps? Cheap shouldn't even be a word when talking those specifications. A 144hz 4k monitor is over $1.5k and the GPU to get close to pushing it is $1.5k. Then you need a powerful CPU to produce those framerates along with a motherboard looking at $600+.

Last edited:
May 28, 2019
Okay what are the pc parts I need to reach 120fps and maintain it I’m only gonna be play fortnite and ark I don’t want 4K and all that just want the pc parts to push 120fps

Oh okay so I don’t need to buy a gpu then because the ryzen is both ok so with that and the ram I can push 120fps
Fortnite System Requirements: Minimum Requirements
As per the official Epic site, these are the minimum requirements for the game.
  • Operating System: Windows 7/8/10 64-bit or Mac OSX Sierra
  • Processor Core: i3 2.4 Ghz
  • Memory: 4 GB RAM
  • Video Card: Intel HD 4000
That would be minimum for 720p right there and the Vega 10 GPU is orders of magnitude faster than the Intel HD 4000. Make sure that with your motherboard you get either a B450 or X470 and that they support 3200MHz or faster RAM. If you can get 2x8GB DDR4-3200MHz with CL15 timings that will give you the best performance.

That would be minimum for 720p right there and the Vega 10 GPU is orders of magnitude faster than the Intel HD 4000.
Intel's HD 4000 is definitely not going to be the minimum for playable 720p. I sometimes play on a notebook with integrated HD 6000 graphics, and still have to turn the render scaling down to keep things playable on that system. Think more like 360p, with framerates under 60fps. : D

Checking a couple quick videos on Youtube tells me a 2400G with its integrated Vega 11 graphics should be decent at maintaining framerates over 60fps at 720p with reduced settings, but don't expect over 100fps. If you want to maintain 120fps, you'll need a dedicated graphics card and possibly a bit faster CPU as well.

Also, do you have a high refresh rate monitor already? And how much was the maximum budget for this setup? Do you happen to have an existing system that might be worth upgrading?