[SOLVED] What is the color code for a patch panel?

GoultySoul

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2015
Hi!

We built a new network in a school, and now I need to patch the cables into a patch panel and the wall connectors. The only thing I don't know is the right order of the colors, in the patch panel. I used the "B" side on the wall connectors. (brown-brownwhite-green-greenwhite-yellow-yellowwhite-blue-bluewhite. The connectors facing the ground, so it's maybe upside down) I've put a RJ-45 connector on it with yellowwhite-yellow-greenwhite-blue-bluewhite-green-brownwhite-brown color coding, and it worked, but i need to use the patch panel.
So my question is that should I connect the other side in with the "B" side as well?

Thank You!

Solution
Hi!

We built a new network in a school, and now I need to patch the cables into a patch panel and the wall connectors. The only thing I don't know is the right order of the colors, in the patch panel. I used the "B" side on the wall connectors. (brown-brownwhite-green-greenwhite-yellow-yellowwhite-blue-bluewhite. The connectors facing the ground, so it's maybe upside down) I've put a RJ-45 connector on it with yellowwhite-yellow-greenwhite-blue-bluewhite-green-brownwhite-brown color coding, and it worked, but i need to use the patch panel.
So my question is that should I connect the other side in with the "B" side as well?

Thank You!
568B is the preferred color code. But as long as both ends are the same, it doesn't really...

kanewolf

Titan
Hi!

Thank You!
568B is the preferred color code. But as long as both ends are the same, it doesn't really matter.

Solution