Question What is the correct color coding for an Atheros AR5BXB72 in a Dell E6430?

May 3, 2021
I am using an Atheros AR5BXB72 Wi-Fi card that I pulled out of a MacBook Pro so I can use my Dell E6430 to get 5Ghz Wi-Fi. When hooking up the antennas, I noticed that the card itself didn't have any color coding and had numbers on it. My laptop color-coded the antenna cables. I was wondering if there was a specific way that I should connect the antennas. Reading around, people have said that White is primary and the Black was the aux, and grey was used for MIMO.

With that being said, I decided to hook up the card this way.

White: Pin 0

Black: Pin 1

Grey: Pin 2

I am not sure if I did this right and if there is anybody else that has an Atheros card with only numbers on it can they provide some help. I have it attached like this.
sbXHAiMGkjOGri2p.huge

Can anybody confirm I did this right? At the moment the link speed shows up as 300 and seems to function.

I don't really think there's a specific way it's "supposed to be" connected. They're antennae, all should work the same.

If I check the Dell website, it shows a manual on how to remove/replace user-removable components, it seems to have black connected on 0, brown/grey on 1 and white on 2.

May 3, 2021
I don't really think there's a specific way it's "supposed to be" connected. They're antennae, all should work the same.

If I check the Dell website, it shows a manual on how to remove/replace user-removable components, it seems to have black connected on 0, brown/grey on 1 and white on 2.
Yea this is a different Wi-Fi card pulled out from another system and the Wi-Fi card pictured doesn't have numbers it has color coded triangles so users know which one goes where. Mine doesn't have color coded triangles so I'm worried maybe Atheros wires up their Wi-Fi card differently.

TRENDING THREADS