[SOLVED] What is the correct header to connect these Thermaltake fans to? Fan has 9 pin connector, but fan headers 4?

tsibiski

Reputable
Jun 23, 2019
I have 3 Thermaltake tt-2030 case fans... I can't find the explanation or answer to this question anywhere. I checked the manual for my Thermaltake Level 20 GT, but it doesn't bother mentioning this.

They have a 9 pin connector (picture attached), that someone told me looked like a USB2 connector. But these are definitely the fan's connectors. I expected them to be 3 or 4 pin. The motherboard has the 4 pin headers (picture attached).

If I plug the side of the 9 pin connector that only has 4 pin holes, the fans turn on, but there is no RGB. If I try any other way of connecting them, the fans will not turn on. There is no explanation. I know the answer must be simple, but the manual just doesn't explain why these fans have a 9 pin connector and how to properly connect them to my x570 Auros Master.

I am unable to embed the images. I get a "something went wrong, contact your administrator" error. So I will just link them. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

https://ibb.co/8sfvYHS

tsibiski

Reputable
Jun 23, 2019
Interesting. Thanks for that. Problem is that I never got the control box or daisy chains. I assumed I had a different version. Must be a missing piece and I need to order it...