[SOLVED] What is the correct model/type SSD for an old MacBook Pro 13.3?

Manuel Jordan

Prominent
Apr 3, 2022
Hello Friends

I have an old MacBook Pro - it is:
  • MBP 13.3/2.9/2X4GB/750/SD
  • Model No: A1278
So far, it works in peace, it has a HDD of 750GB - in this point is not possible do an upgrade of the macOS itself.

I want install Linux. Now, I want buy a new HD of 1TB but being SSD.

What is the correct model for this Mac? I want buy one based of WD (Western Digital) - I want from that company because for other laptop I bought:

• WD Blue SA510 SATA SSD
  • 1TB of capacity
  • WDS100T3B0A-00AXR0 (shown in back of the box package)

So far it is fast as expected. Theoretically it is:

* Western Digital 1TB WD Blue SA510 SATA Internal Solid State Drive SSD - SATA III 6 Gb/s, 2.5"/7mm, Up to 560 MB/s - WDS100T3B0A

But because this laptop is old, I am sure not sure about what is the correct model for this Mac.
Please confirm if this model is valid, if not, please share an URL of the recommended product.
My uncle should buy this HD in USA and I live in other country - so is not possible make a mistake.

Thanks for your understanding.

Solution
Pretty much any 2.5 SATA SSD will do.
I have used ADATA, Crucial, Samsung and Sandisk.

You could never be 100% sure a component will work even if it is compatible. You could end up with a defective unit.
I have replaced hundreds of SSDs and so far just one arrived DOA.

Just make sure to make a backup of all your important files in case of any potential issues.
Pretty much any 2.5 SATA SSD will do.
I have used ADATA, Crucial, Samsung and Sandisk.

You could never be 100% sure a component will work even if it is compatible. You could end up with a defective unit.
I have replaced hundreds of SSDs and so far just one arrived DOA.

Just make sure to make a backup of all your important files in case of any potential issues.

Reactions: Manuel Jordan
Solution