what is the device you recommend to take very long video

brannsiu

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2013
Maybe a continuous of 5 to 10 hours video. Mobile phone may have overheat concern and I need to use the phone for other purposes, it might also have not enough capacity.... What device do you recommend specially for taking video of long time? High quality video is appreciated, but price first.
Please recommend something, I am not familiar with video area.

USAFRet

Titan
What is this a video of? What will you use it for?

Obviously this will need to be plugged in somewhere. You can't do 10 hours of video on any battery smaller than a car battery.

Why is a tablet or small laptop not a consideration?

D

Deleted member 217926

I literally quantified that in the part of my post you didn't quote. Also the OP didn't specify they needed a stand alone device. ;)

Sagar_20

Distinguished
A Google Pixel 3 or iPhone XS or Samsung S10 5G would be your best bet.

If looking for something affordable, then Google Pixel 2 XL or Oneplus 6T will be great.

All have extraordinary cameras and 128 GB variant which should be adequate for most people.

5+ hours of video is honestly too much for any smartphone but if quality matters to you, you wouldn't consider anything else. If needed, you can always carry a powerbank with you. They are available up to 26,800 mAh capacity that can charge an iPhone xs 7 times.

Azzyasi

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2011
A purposly built camera exists into the DVR-NVR cctv category. Some are cheap, some are expensive, IP cameras which you can monitor from the web from everyhere, with activated on movement, IR cameras.. etc

Why bother diy-ing with a phone or something to interact with storage, to activate on movement, maybe even make some rollback of the space to continue recording by erasing older video when it is already done on the market and looks afordable?

this is just the first link: https://www.amazon.com/ZOSI-Securit...93&s=gateway&sprefix=nvr+,aps,278&sr=8-3&th=1

Shop around for a NVR if that is what you want.