[SOLVED] What is the difference between a 240mm and a 280mm AIO?

techflame700

Commendable
Nov 30, 2018
I am comparing two AIOs: the Corsair H100i Pro and the H115i Pro. What is the difference between them? Also, how much better does the H115i Pro preform over the H100i Pro? Thanks!

Solution

Lets say you install them both on the same case in the same location with the same room temps, the 280mm will perform a little better (around 2-4° C cooler) while making less noise.
I think the purpose of the pro versions was to make them quiet, improve internals, while performing similar to their counterparts.
The pros also have longer warranty (5-years) compare to the shorter warranty (2-years) on the non pro unit.
The 240mm uses 120mm fans and the 280 uses 140mm fans so the radiator is a little bigger.
Since fans are bigger it is quieter than H100i, and performs a little better.
Make sure you have a case than can house it.
Depending on you configuration the performance difference might negligible.

techflame700

Commendable
Nov 30, 2018

Sorry for the late response.
How much of a noise / performance difference will it make on a i7 7700K?

USAFRet

Titan

Too many other variables to tell.
"how much" = a little or none.

Lets say you install them both on the same case in the same location with the same room temps, the 280mm will perform a little better (around 2-4° C cooler) while making less noise.
I think the purpose of the pro versions was to make them quiet, improve internals, while performing similar to their counterparts.
The pros also have longer warranty (5-years) compare to the shorter warranty (2-years) on the non pro unit.

Solution