[SOLVED] What is the Difference between Chipset & Original Card

ard56

Reputable
May 14, 2015
Hi,
I am planning to buy RTX2070Super, not for gaming but for Visualization and 3D Modelling. (UE4 & Blender)

Which one should i buy? Gigabyte, MSI Asus chipset card or should I buy from NVIDA Original card

What is the difference in both, Chipset & Original card?

Hope i haven't confused.

Please suggest and check my following PC config, will it support?

Core i5 4th Gen
24GB DDR3
ATI Radeon R9 380
256 SSD
2TB SSHD
4TB SkyHawk HDD
H97MD3H Motherboard
750W SMPS
Liquid Cooler

Awaiting for your replies...

Regards

Solution
Shouldn't be any compatibility issues.

As for differences.... depends how you look at it. The actual GPU itself, the 'chipset' you refer to, is provided to board partners (like Gigabyte, etc) by Nvidia. At the very least they should perform to Nvidia spec. The individual board partners may provide a factory overclock to the GPU and memory, which increases performance to some extent.

Then the biggest difference is how the board partners design the graphics card itself: PCB layout, quality of components, quality of the cooling solution.
Shouldn't be any compatibility issues.

As for differences.... depends how you look at it. The actual GPU itself, the 'chipset' you refer to, is provided to board partners (like Gigabyte, etc) by Nvidia. At the very least they should perform to Nvidia spec. The individual board partners may provide a factory overclock to the GPU and memory, which increases performance to some extent.

Then the biggest difference is how the board partners design the graphics card itself: PCB layout, quality of components, quality of the cooling solution.

Solution

ard56

Reputable
May 14, 2015
Thanks, As described my usage, which one is suitable for me? I am mainly focusing on Quality and Performance. Sometime this partners compromise in the quality and support.

Regards

Quality? That's where reviews come in.

Just assuming everything from a particular brand is good isn't the best way to approach things, in my opinion. MSI might make a really good RTX 2070 graphics card, but also release a less than impressive one using the same GPU. That said, a general thing which can be assumed is that higher clocked GPUs are likely to have better silicon quality.