[SOLVED] What is the difference between EVO and non-EVO GRaphics card?

andypouch

Prominent
Oct 16, 2019
I almost close a deal until the customer requested an EVO Asus graphics card!
I could explain the difference between them
DAMN ASUS , why make things so complicated

Does anyone know what is mean by EVO?

And are there any performance difference between an EVO and non-EVO card?

Solution

It's a marketing term used by Asus to brand different cards for addressing different market segments with no broadly defined meaning. You'd have to look at the specs and other things on the card(s) to determine the differences. I'd look at cooling (bigger heatsink, more fans or axial vs. blower style fans) and operating clock and boost clock speeds.

Sometimes also memory capacity (4GB vs. 8GB maybe) and clock speeds figures in to it.

It could even be...

It's a marketing term used by Asus to brand different cards for addressing different market segments with no broadly defined meaning. You'd have to look at the specs and other things on the card(s) to determine the differences. I'd look at cooling (bigger heatsink, more fans or axial vs. blower style fans) and operating clock and boost clock speeds.

Sometimes also memory capacity (4GB vs. 8GB maybe) and clock speeds figures in to it.

It could even be nothing more than styling as one may have RGB bling while the other doesn't. While styling differences alone won't affect performance, the other changes may not affect it appreciably either. I've noted that top-of-market 5700XT's, with huge coolers and three fans, often pull in benchmark numbers only a couple FPS more than the bottom of market. But if it needs a certain aesthetic to put the finishing touches on a build, that's what's needed I guess.

Last edited:
Solution