[SOLVED] What is the difference between these ram sticks?

Zacharias_3

Reputable
Mar 6, 2017
What is the difference between the ram stick CML8GX3M1A1600C10B and CML8GX3M1A1600C10? These are both 8gig corsair sticks, same timings same speed, the only difference I see is the former has a blue heatsink. Will I have compatibility issues if I use these 2 sticks in my system?

Solution
Hey there,

Apart from the different colour heatsink. They appear identical other than that. Whilst you shouldn't have any real issues, you may have to tinker around with bios settings to get them to work. (But I wouldn't think so)

Technically, unless they are a matched kit, they are not guaranteed to work. You do run that chance.
Hey there,

Apart from the different colour heatsink. They appear identical other than that. Whilst you shouldn't have any real issues, you may have to tinker around with bios settings to get them to work. (But I wouldn't think so)

Technically, unless they are a matched kit, they are not guaranteed to work. You do run that chance.

Reactions: Zacharias_3
Solution

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
What is the difference between the ram stick CML8GX3M1A1600C10B and CML8GX3M1A1600C10? These are both 8gig corsair sticks, same timings same speed, the only difference I see is the former has a blue heatsink. Will I have compatibility issues if I use these 2 sticks in my system?
The B at the end is for the color it's blue instead of the regular black.

For issues never can tell when not using a matched set sold in one package.

Reactions: Zacharias_3