Question What is the difference between Windows 10 and Windows 11 setup?

Jun 15, 2021
Windows 10 (21H1)
oZWKkUH.png

krlfuUZ.png

Windows 11
rYfr179.png

yg1yYsw.png

mega link removed

FILE: 21996.1.210529-1541.co_release_CLIENT_CONSUMER_x64FRE_en-us.ISO
MD5: 179BFE07F7050093EE595DDD85A30201
SHA-1: 3B6DA9194BA303AC7DBBF2E521716C809500919C
SHA-256: B8426650C24A765C24083597A1EBA48D9164802BD273B678C4FEFE2A6DA60DCB
---

https://www.tomshardware.com/features/windows-11-everything-we-know

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2021
"You'll need an internet connection to continue setting up your device."

Oh my, this doesn't bode well.
Looks like Microsoft is finally pushing the average user to a Microsoft cloud account.
Just installed Windows 11 on VMware on my i5-5200u laptop. There is definitely the "I dont have internet" option, followed by "Continue with limited setup" option in this build.

Reactions: alceryes
Windows 11 setup will act just like Windows 10 setup. Unplug ethernet, option to create local account will popup.
What about systems/laptops that have built-in wireless or ethernet cards? Hopefull they'll still have the option - even if a potential network connection is detected.

@amanmalakar007 could you add a NIC (that is recognized by the Windows 11 built in drivers) to the VM BEFORE you start the installation? Does it still give the option to say "I don't have internet"?

Jun 16, 2021
What about systems/laptops that have built-in wireless or ethernet cards? Hopefull they'll still have the option - even if a potential network connection is detected.

@amanmalakar007 could you add a NIC (that is recognized by the Windows 11 built in drivers) to the VM BEFORE you start the installation? Does it still give the option to say "I don't have internet"?
I didn't manually add an NIC, but yes, VMware enabled a Bridged network connection through my host OS (Windows 10 LTSB) which was being detected as Ethernet in Windows 11. I logged in successfully with a local account, no hassles whatsoever.

TommyTwoTone66

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 24, 2021
Windows 98SE -> Windows Millennium Edition = A reskin of Windows 98SE designed to look nicer and push MS "features" that nobody wanted
Windows XP -> Windows Vista = A reskin of Windows XP designed to look nicer and push MS "features" that nobody wanted
Windows 7 -> Windows 8 = A reskin of Windows 7 designed to look nicer and push MS "features" that nobody wanted
Windows 10 -> Windows 11 = ?

Colif

Win 11 Master
ME was Frankenstein's love child.
win 7 is just a reskin of win vista.
win 10 is just win 8 with a better desktop

Its all win 95 with a pretty skin?

its not exactly that simple.

So win 12 will fix everything we hate about win 11? MS playing good cop/bad cop with their operating system releases? You still accept the bitter pill but its wrapped in sugar to make you think they learned...

TommyTwoTone66

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 24, 2021
win 7 is just a reskin of win vista.

Oh my no. There is a whole new engine under Win 7 which was a fundamental upgrade from XP/Vista, needed to support the new technologies of the day including the latest version of DirectX.

win 10 is just win 8 with a better desktop
Oh my no. Win 10 introduced a whole new core engine which was a fundamental upgrade from 7/8, needed to support the new technologies of the day including the latest version of DirectX

Its all win 95 with a pretty skin?

Oh my no. Win95 was a 16bit OS pretending to be 32bit. We've come a long way since then, and been through three distinct full-engine overhauls of Windows since then (XP, 7, 10)

So win 12 will fix everything we hate about win 11? MS playing good cop/bad cop with their operating system releases? You still accept the bitter pill but its wrapped in sugar to make you think they learned...

That's pretty much the size of it, yeah. Whether it's on purpose or just by sheer corporate gravity and momentum, Windows releases follow a predictable Tick/Tock pattern of "Good"/"Bad", "Useful"/<Mod Edit>, "Worthwhile"/"Just for the sake of making people upgrade". Windows 11 is very much on a Tock cycle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Windows 98SE -> Windows Millennium Edition = A reskin of Windows 98SE designed to look nicer and push MS "features" that nobody wanted
Windows XP -> Windows Vista = A reskin of Windows XP designed to look nicer and push MS "features" that nobody wanted
Windows 7 -> Windows 8 = A reskin of Windows 7 designed to look nicer and push MS "features" that nobody wanted
Windows 10 -> Windows 11 = ?

lol
The suspense is killing me! What's the answer? I must know! :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Colif

Win 11 Master
and yet here we are with all the features no body wanted.

So win 12 will have TPM and no one will complain as all the hardware makers had gotten off their backside in the next 5 years and had enough hardware out there to support what MS had asked for in win 10.

squishy users in middle pointing at bad MS when it was hardware makers being slack and not doing anything for a few years. Not sure I agree that MS should back down.

Miki yang

BANNED
Jul 7, 2021
Windows 11 has all the features and security of Windows 10, and at the same time has a completely redesigned look. It also comes with some new tools, sounds and applications. All the details are exhaustive. The appearance, function and security are integrated to bring you a brand-new computer experience.

1: Win 11 has a more streamlined and faster kernel than Win10

2: Win10 has not been able to solve the good multi-device interaction and touch operation, which has been significantly improved on Win 11

3: The speed of the 11th generation Core Desktop Edition on Win11 is increased by 1%-2%

4: In the test of U series notebook processors that are more sensitive to power control, Win11 also performed better

Windows 11 has all the features and security of Windows 10, and at the same time has a completely redesigned look. It also comes with some new tools, sounds and applications. All the details are exhaustive. The appearance, function and security are integrated to bring you a brand-new computer experience.

1: Win 11 has a more streamlined and faster kernel than Win10

2: Win10 has not been able to solve the good multi-device interaction and touch operation, which has been significantly improved on Win 11

3: The speed of the 11th generation Core Desktop Edition on Win11 is increased by 1%-2%

4: In the test of U series notebook processors that are more sensitive to power control, Win11 also performed better
Source?

Colif

Win 11 Master
isn't that a good thing? It means, apart from restrictions, there will be no performance hit using Win 11. Its not Vista again... so thats 1 thing.

It could be its too soon, the Insiders might be lacking some amazing features that reduce overhead or something.

D

Deleted member 14196

isn't that a good thing? It means, apart from restrictions, there will be no performance hit using Win 11. Its not Vista again... so thats 1 thing.

It could be its too soon, the Insiders might be lacking some amazing features that reduce overhead or something.
maybe and maybe not. I really don't think this is going to represent anything big, and I might just stick with win10 until 2025

Yup. If it's at least 'not any worse than Windows 10 performance-wise,' that would be awesome!
It kinda sucks that Microsoft has set the bar so low that all they have to do is release a new OS with window dressings, that works at least as good as Windows 10, and everyone sings its praise!

I want to know more under-the-hood specifics. Telemetry, Windows updates, Microsoft-forced bloatware, etc.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Oh I agree, not enough actual information yet. I saw a video called Complete guide to win 11 and it was 10 minutes long and I just thought, thats missing details isn't it. Everything was about what it looks like, not how its different underneath the new shiny covering.

I wonder if control panel will make it into 11. That might seem a visual change but its something they started in 10, nice to actually finish it.