Question What is the difference?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
In ATX, no, we'll none that I know of have openings for vertical gpu. There are a couple from Lian-Li, Phanteks and a few others which have extra modular mounts for larger cards, offsetting them closer to the mobo, but that also can be problematic and require the use of a riser with a 90° connection for the mobo. And even then, a 3x card is looking at 1" to 1/2" or sometimes less.

I ran a gtx970 with a 280mm AIO for years in a FD Define R5, with ssds. So I fully get that whole 'there's nothing but space in there' empty box looking case thing. Which btw does complicate airflow since components are far enough away to require high sp fans just to get air to the components.

mITX, even many mATX cases are generally far more suited for airflow than an ATX midtower, even with less fans as the volume of air moved is generally faster. With just 2x 120mm fans a SFF can replace the entire volume of air in less than 30 seconds. With 5x 120mm fans, an ATX mid takes over 2 minutes.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
i have a Core v1 and it runs nice and cool. 200mm fan in front and gpu is pretty much pressed up against the side of the case. the holes in that side give it all the fresh air it wants. the cpu fan blows air across the vrm's on the way out. not had any issues with heat. i could put an exhaust fan in place but so far don't see the need.

Reactions: Karadjgne

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
My pc has no case fans. 4x rad fans in positive pressure with natural thermal convection right out the top. Bottom and side intakes..

But, it's liquid cooled, the side rad fans blow directly on the mobo, so provide more than sufficient airflow for the ram and VRM's etc. One of the benefits of mITX, there's literally a fan next to everything, even if there's only 1 fan 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS