[SOLVED] What is the easiest/cheapest method of supplying electricity to my computer and modem without the power grid?

farmhanddane

Prominent
May 7, 2019
I want to buy a cabin, but it isn't connected to the power grid and I work from home with the help of my computer, modem and mobile phone.

Solution
You're going to need some type of power generation, so something like a generator (which you need to refuel every so often) or something more permanent like solar or wind power.

Since you're not on the power grid, you're obviously not on any Cable Internet grid either, so you'll have to deal with either satellite or cell phone tethering. I think for long term solutions, satellite is probably the best option. For short term usage, you should probably contact your cell provider about tethering and additional costs (if any).

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
You're going to need some type of power generation, so something like a generator (which you need to refuel every so often) or something more permanent like solar or wind power.

Since you're not on the power grid, you're obviously not on any Cable Internet grid either, so you'll have to deal with either satellite or cell phone tethering. I think for long term solutions, satellite is probably the best option. For short term usage, you should probably contact your cell provider about tethering and additional costs (if any).

-Wolf sends

Solution