What is the fastest DDR4 Memory Ram right now with a 4000+Mhz base speed that doesnt require to enable XMP?

SeriousGaming101

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2016
I am shopping for DDR4 Memory Ram for a Z390 Motherboard and I want to know what is the fastest DDR4 memory that has a base speed of 4000Mhz+ and also DOES NOT require to enable XMP for this speed.

WildCard999

Titan
Anything other then DDR4 2666 or lower I'm pretty sure requires XMP to get it to run at the correct speed, it's also very easy to do and takes literally a minute to do once your in the BIOS.

As for the fastest memory there is DDR4 4700mhz but for Intel speeds make little difference in gaming, you may see 1-3 FPS increase.

You never NEED to invoke XMP, you can always use the XMP settings by specifying them yourself.
But... that is the way to go, I think.
The ram maker has imbedded the settings necessary to run at the ram advertised speed in one of the xmp profiles included in the ram stick.

What is your motherboard?
The motherboard will have something to say about how fast ram can be set.
If you are a competitive ram overclocker, all rules go out the window.

Fast ram will be accompanied by higher latency negating much of the benefit of fast ram.
Buying the fastest ram is not likely to give you the real world benefits commensurate to the price.