What Is The Fastest Memory Fully Compatible With Intel i9 7980XE?

Apr 24, 2018
My understanding is that faster memory ratings no longer make sense beyond a certain threshold unless you're a hardcore overclocker who wants to dabble in messing with memory overclocking.

I used to be overclock crazy, but after a while of being that way I realized that OC is really more trouble than it's worth, causing unforeeable bugs and issues of all kinds and causing the hardware to degrade to the end of it's lifespan faster. As such, I have no intention in messing with such things anymore - I will not fiddle with CPU, GPU, or Memory clock speeds. I believe the manufacturer has them set to the safe levels they are truly intended to be used at.

I just want to know what the highest clock-speed that makes sense for the 7980XM. I'll then just look into finding the model of that memory that has the lowest CAS latency, and I plan on making it 8-Channel 32GB using 4GB sticks (ASUS Rampage Mobo).

As a bonus - recommendations on brand is cool too. I just want the most robust and reliable brand. But by what I can tell from searching, apparently it hardly matters - not much of any disernable difference between the high-priced Corsair Dominator Platinum and say, G.Skill Trident or Kingston Hyper-X or anything, yeah?

Thanks.