What is the fastest MX PCI card?

G

Question for y'all.

I'm doing some upgrades for a friend. Can anyone tell me what the fastest, or most performance minded GeForce 2 MX card is? I used to go with Hercules. But word has it that they don't overclock well and standard settings are just that anymore, standard.

Any help would be appreciated.

"This is my Kyro 2, with which I am well pleased."

The Jolly Wizened Oaf!

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
Go to pricewatch.com and go under video cards mx. Then do a search and type in MX 5ns, a whole bunch of fast memory mx cards will be given for you to choose. The memory is the key in the MX, not the GPU speed. I have a MX400 but with 6ns memory running at 166mhz and it doesn't like to overclock. Well a mx with 32megs of ram with 5ns ram will go to 200mzh memory and beyond and kick the hell out of my card. Memory speed is boss with a mx card. Stay away from mx200 cards they are 64bit vice 128 bit memory paths. Now the MX400 series you can get even faster memory in the 4ns to 4.5ns range for the fastest speed on a mx but will cost more.

Well to eat your <b>C :smile: :smile: kie</b> and have it too then a <font color=red><b>Rade :smile: n II</b></font color=red><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by noko on 06/01/01 02:10 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Radeon 32mb sdr PCI is faster then the Geforce2 mx PCI. Radeon needs less bandwith. Well if you really have to get one goto Pricewatch.com and look.

Nice Intel and AMD users get a Cookie.... :smile: Yummy :smile: