What is the fastest you have ever driv...

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the fastest speed at which you have ever driven a car? A motorcycle? What kind of car/bike? Describe...

My personal marks. Two different Pontiacs small block/big block 125mph / Harley Sportster 1000cc 118mph. Not at the same time and and they were not hot :lol:

Also, if you have ever rolled a car going over 60mph please elaborate on what that might feel like. I know what it feels like at 50. :eek:

Also, what's the fastest speed at which your girlfriend opened the passenger door and jumped out with all the money! :lol:

htoonthura

Distinguished
May 21, 2006

130 mph with 1988 v6 acura legend. 125 mph with 1994 honda accord ex vtech on highway 152 in ca. It was fun.

G

Ha ha, love the question

Fastest Ive driven is 172mph in a Mitsubishi Evolution 8 fq300 chipped and de-catted to 365bhp on the A30 in england, It was well rapid, losing both a Audi tt 2.6 and Toyota celica with ease lol

Ive never rolled a car but have been through the windscreen od a van before at 40mph and I can tell you that was surreal, scary but fantastic at the same time, not that i would want to do that again,

And as for the last question, its my girlfriends Evo 8 so i would be the one doing the jumping out of the car lol

172mph...is well fast! I crossed the mojave at 115-120 in a '72 Bonneville with a 428 cu. in. years ago. I rolled an Oldsmobile and landed inside sitting on the roof. The car was upside down. I was too far from the ignition switch to turn the key and switch the motor of, it was still running. Luckily, the guy who was riding along came too just in time to switch off the ignition and keep us both from going up in flames. Then, there was the time the topless dancer I was living with jumped out of the car with her nights take. It was still rolling. I stopped and and went back to find her. She was OK, but claimed she lost all the money when she jumped! I think the fitth of Jack Black she drank every day had something to do with her forgetting where she put things. Like her clothes and money. And occasionally the cowboy hat she used to cover her breasts at work. :lol:

coolvoodoo

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2008
Car - Porsche 911S - 145mph
Motorcycle - Honda CBR600 F2 - 145mph
Boat - Nordic - 55mph

A car on the wrong side of the road hit me head-on on a motorcycle with us both going 55mph (so the impact was like hitting a parked car at 110mph). At the last second I remembered something a friend told me and I jumped off the bike over the car. A witness in another car said I was about 20 feet in the air for about 80 feet. Thanks to my leathers, Arai helmet, and luck, all I got was a badly stubbed toe. It took the CHP officer that showed up and I about half an hour to pick up all the little pieces of my bike that were all over the road. The rest of my bike was a mashed up lump of metal and plastic and rubber. It tore the front suspension out of the car, but the people in it were mostly OK. A little whiplash, perhaps..........

Haha...yeah, I knoiw the feeling of jumping off before impact. JUmped off a '67 kawasaki Samuri 250cc right before I laid it down underneath a '64 Mustang. Walked with a limp for while. A little whiplash....lol.

Hard Line

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2008
Well I had my '98 dodge shadow at 140Mph lol...hten a wek later fell asleep at the wheel and hit a telephone pole at 65Mph.. I went throught the pole and got launched onto the driver door and slid for 100Ft b4 the front end caught the grass, which launched the car airborne and flipped end over end 3 times before landing on what was left of the wheels. and then the pole landed on the roof above my head...my driver door was jammed shut and had to crawl out the window. spend a wk in the hosp but ended up with a bruise on my hand and a burn on my neck from the airbag.. everyone who saw the accident and the leftovers of the car incl the police said i should not be alive let alone with minor injuries.

That was 4 months after my first accident where I rolled ( sideways ) my '88 olds cutlass ciera at 55Mph down an 8 FT embankment into a river ripped the rear axle right off the car hanging upsilde down by a seatbelt is a very strange feeling) the force of the roll knocked me unconscious until my face hit the water

Wow! Man you are lucky. Can you please read the top line for me. :sol:

snelleneyechart.jpg

vinman

Distinguished
May 18, 2006
Hit 158mph on my 1996 kawasaki zx6 with about 3000rpm to go still. Raced a Ferarri with my dad's corvette and got up to about 140 I think. hit about 110 in my 07 legacy.

vinman

Distinguished
May 18, 2006
*** it let's go, was racing a v12 beemer and my buddy with an r6 was with me, we dusted him. He came up on us at about 120 and I said Oh hell no, dropped it into 4th and let her have it, he was a speck!

Hard Line

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2008
I am lucky...lol...now i have a 2002 S-10 Xtreme with a 4.3 under the hood.. after about 20k bucks I am pushing about 575HP doing a quarter in about 12.3 sec... she has 40k original miles on her and is garaged most of the year... highest I took her was about 175 on a track... she beats a mustang gt off the line easy and I killed a firebird from 60 - 90

*edit 575 = 535 * ( long day )

Man, you guys have experienced some pretty hairy top speeds! I thought 118mph on my old '74 harley Sportster was fast! This is the only picture I have left. It's from from the late '70's in my Dad's garage. Sold it to a chick. She dumped it test driving it and her boyfriend made her get back up and ride it home after he bought it for her! :lol:

sportstercopyen0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.