Question What is the Fujitsu Siemens Lifebook T3010 and why can't I find it?

Nov 6, 2018
So I was buying some random laptop scraps because they're cheap and you can usually turn a profit by putting something together from the broken bits you get. Among my latest treasures is a laptop that piqued my interest - the aforementioned Fujitsu Siemens Lifebook T3010. It is a laptop / tablet combo, and it seems to be intended for heavy touch screen use considering how it can fold to be screen-only and also contains a stylus for this feature.
1332250064-fujitsu-siemens-lifebook-t3010.jpg

What I'm wondering is this: why can't I find any online for sale, why are there no proper parts for this thing - any I try to find are supposedly "compatible" but not original pieces, and finally what on earth is this thing's charger cable? There are various versions I've found claiming to be the right cable, but they all seem very plain and standard when the port on the laptop has two odd-looking pins that I'm unfamiliar with. I'll try and post a picture soon but my phone is currently broken. Any help as to figuring this thing out is greatly appreciated.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
do you remember the LS-120 drive?
this thing has the same problem, they were not made in any real numbers, they were expensive when they were on sale.
I would wager that in the 9 years since its release that they have all been recycled or otherwise destroyed. the even further limited limited numbers mean parts are hard AF to find. the limited release numbers means the aftermarket parts are rarer still.

Nov 6, 2018
Thanks for the reply. With the laptop I've found, all of the parts seem to be in order (I can't test this, but the previous owner said that he used to use it when he had the charger) . If I can somehow get this thing working - be it finding a new cable or something else - do you know if it would even be worth it? Would it be a) usable in the modern day or b) worth anything? Thanks again for the help :)

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
a not really.
b education value. aside from education value I cannot think of much to do with it. drivers for it are likely near to impossible to find, modern drivers, even rarer. Linux may run a light weight distro like one of the puppy variations...

TRENDING THREADS