[SOLVED] What is the highest speed RAM I can use? I am going to use a Ryzen 5 3600x

pieboy343

Prominent
Apr 21, 2018
I am unsure if my CPU supports 3600 mhz RAM but I know my motherboard does

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600x

Motherboard:MSI X570-A PRO ATX AM4

RAM I want to use is -- G.Skill Trident Z RGB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600

Also if this is irrelevant and my CPU supports all RAM speeds, let me know.

Solution
Per AMD, you can run two single rank JEDEC DIMMs at 3200MT/s, but you can obviously run whatever you want if you can tune it yourself, ignoring AMD specification. Sweet spot for most users is 3600MT/s, but you can possibly go much faster, depending on the quality of your CPU's memory controller and whether or not you split the infinity fabric. There are some lucky users running 1:1 DDR4-3800CL14 and some unlucky that will be stuck at 3200MT/s or lower with more ranks.
Per AMD, you can run two single rank JEDEC DIMMs at 3200MT/s, but you can obviously run whatever you want if you can tune it yourself, ignoring AMD specification. Sweet spot for most users is 3600MT/s, but you can possibly go much faster, depending on the quality of your CPU's memory controller and whether or not you split the infinity fabric. There are some lucky users running 1:1 DDR4-3800CL14 and some unlucky that will be stuck at 3200MT/s or lower with more ranks.

Solution