[SOLVED] What is the ideal low-cost GPU for i3-10100 and 250W PSU?

Apr 7, 2022
Hello, I am a budget user. Recently I purchased a PC which has i3-10100 8GB RAM 250W PSU H510M-H Motherboard and 256 GB SSD for 300$. I am planning to play Valorant, HOI4 and maybe The Forest at low settings. Since 1 dollar is equivalent of 14 Turkish Liras small changes in prices can make big changes. For example GT 1030 GDDR5 version is 1800 Turkish Liras but 1050ti is 3700 liras. So I purchased this PC for 5200 TL(300USD) and as you can see I don't have much money or much expectations. What you can recommend me for this PC to handle these games. I'm running on single channel ram. So iGPU performance is low. Does it make more sense to use iGPU and double channel ram to boost iGPU performance? What you recommend? My specs:
CPU: Intel i3-10100
Motherboard: GIGABYTE H510M-H
Ram: CRUCIAL 8GB RAM
SSD/HDD: CRUCIAL 256 GB SSD
GPU: iGPU
PSU: 240W
Chassis:
Montior: Philips 221V

Last edited:
Solution
It's a custom build. Sorry for late answer btw.

If this is a custom build using standard parts it would make swapping the PSU a far easier task.

This is a guide about PSU size formats and connectors I found in a super quick search. There are better ones up to and including wikipedia, for instance.
Find out what form factor you need, how much space you have, and that you have the standard connectors to the hardware. After that it's mostly just matching a good unit to the desired GPU.

What PSU Do I Need? | PC Power Supplies Types | CDW

Lutfij

Titan
With that kind of wattage, regardless of PSU build quality and age being brought into question, no GPU's are worth suggesting unless you want to ruin your entire system(or if you're lucky enough just the GPU), which(still) isn't a good idea. You will need up your PSU's wattage to 450W and then look into a GTX1050Ti, at the very least.

You might want to list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Montior:

Apr 7, 2022
Would you recommend 1030 GDDR5 or 1030 Low Profile or any other low end GPU (like AMD or another nvidia gpu) to play Valorant/CS:GO/Rocket League at understandable frame rates? I am already unable to buy 1050ti. I'm just looking to play these games at normal frame rates. Right now with iGpu it's unplayable. Maybe I can upgrade the PSU if I need it to use 1030 or a low end card. As I said I just need Valorant/Rocket League and low end games like these.

Would you recommend 1030 GDDR5 or 1030 Low Profile or any other low end GPU (like AMD or another nvidia gpu) to play Valorant/CS:GO/Rocket League at understandable frame rates? I am already unable to buy 1050ti. I'm just looking to play these games at normal frame rates. Right now with iGpu it's unplayable. Maybe I can upgrade the PSU if I need it to use 1030 or a low end card. As I said I just need Valorant/Rocket League and low end games like these.
The still current fastest GPU that would run on a 240watt psu and not require PCIe power is a GTX 1650 and usually only as low profile. Intels new ARC GPUs coming for desktop in a month or 2 may be as fast as a 1650 super and not require PCIe power, so it might work for your situation.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
It's a custom build. Sorry for late answer btw.

If this is a custom build using standard parts it would make swapping the PSU a far easier task.

This is a guide about PSU size formats and connectors I found in a super quick search. There are better ones up to and including wikipedia, for instance.
Find out what form factor you need, how much space you have, and that you have the standard connectors to the hardware. After that it's mostly just matching a good unit to the desired GPU.

What PSU Do I Need? | PC Power Supplies Types | CDW

Solution